Coolant/Anti-Freeze Question

/ Coolant/Anti-Freeze Question #1  

alexsbuddy

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XG3037 w/ LS LL3109 FEL Kodiak SD5 Mower, Speeco Model 65 PHD, Bush Hog BX-600 Box Blade, Titan 42" Skid Steer Pallet Fork/Hay Spear Combo
I have been trying to figure out which coolant I need to for my XG3037. The manual says that I need at coolant that satisfies ASTM5216, but then I read somewhere that a ethylene glycol based coolant that meets ASTM 6210 would also satisfy ASTM5216. My local farm supply carries the Peak Fleet Charge SCA which does satisfy the ASTM6210 and says it will work with ALL cooling system metals (LS has aluminum radiator). See the info below. Will this work or does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you.

Fleet Charge SCA Precharged Fully Formulated Antifreeze & Coolant is a fully formulated, ethylene glycol-based coolant, precharged with advanced technology Supplemental Coolant Additives (SCAs). Because it is SCA precharged, Fleet Charge SCA Precharged Antifreeze & Coolant requires no SCAs at initial fill and ensures proper chemistry at every top-off. Fleet Charge SCA Precharged Antifreeze & Coolant uses a low silicate and phosphate-free formulation. For use in all heavy-duty diesel, gasoline, and natural gas engine cooling systems. Provides corrosion protection of all cooling system metals and components. Optimum protection against freezing and boil over. Incorporates nitrite to provide wet sleeve liner protection against cavitations. Designed to last the life of the engine when maintained with a high quality SCA filter system.
Eliminates SCA mixing errors at initial fill
Phosphate free formula reduces the risk of scale
Meets or exceeds the following specification requirements: Caterpillar; Cummins 90T8-4, CES 14603; Detroit Diesel 7SE298, 93K217; Ford ESE-M97B44-A (SEC 3.1.1 & 3.1.2); John Deere H24A1, H24C1; Navistar B-1 Type II; Freightliner 48-22880; Volvo/Mack; MTU 5048; GM 1899M; ASTM D4985; ASTM D5345; ASTM D6210; TMC RP329

/ Coolant/Anti-Freeze Question
Thanks, K7LN.

/ Coolant/Anti-Freeze Question #3  
Checked antifreeze level in my xg3032 and need to add some - what did you decide to use - local Oreilly's countermen unsure as to what a tractor is, let alone an LS????
I have been trying to figure out which coolant I need to for my XG3037. The manual says that I need at coolant that satisfies ASTM5216, but then I read somewhere that a ethylene glycol based coolant that meets ASTM 6210 would also satisfy ASTM5216. My local farm supply carries the Peak Fleet Charge SCA which does satisfy the ASTM6210 and says it will work with ALL cooling system metals (LS has aluminum radiator). See the info below. Will this work or does anyone have any recommendations? Thank you.

Fleet Charge SCA Precharged Fully Formulated Antifreeze & Coolant is a fully formulated, ethylene glycol-based coolant, precharged with advanced technology Supplemental Coolant Additives (SCAs). Because it is SCA precharged, Fleet Charge SCA Precharged Antifreeze & Coolant requires no SCAs at initial fill and ensures proper chemistry at every top-off. Fleet Charge SCA Precharged Antifreeze & Coolant uses a low silicate and phosphate-free formulation. For use in all heavy-duty diesel, gasoline, and natural gas engine cooling systems. Provides corrosion protection of all cooling system metals and components. Optimum protection against freezing and boil over. Incorporates nitrite to provide wet sleeve liner protection against cavitations. Designed to last the life of the engine when maintained with a high quality SCA filter system.
Eliminates SCA mixing errors at initial fill
Phosphate free formula reduces the risk of scale
Meets or exceeds the following specification requirements: Caterpillar; Cummins 90T8-4, CES 14603; Detroit Diesel 7SE298, 93K217; Ford ESE-M97B44-A (SEC 3.1.1 & 3.1.2); John Deere H24A1, H24C1; Navistar B-1 Type II; Freightliner 48-22880; Volvo/Mack; MTU 5048; GM 1899M; ASTM D4985; ASTM D5345; ASTM D6210; TMC RP329

I went with Durex (Classic Green Formula). Safe for all metals and met the specs. Will probably continue researching this before I do a system flush and complete refill.

Durex should be available at a nearby farm supply store. Found it at Atwoods near me. It's in a white container.