Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #41  
All I ever seem to find in the woods is old fence lines and bits or small spools of barbed wire.
Grrrrr. 😡

I bought an inexpensive metal detector once to play with. It just goes nuts around the place. Now I understand why treasure hunters like beaches, so much easier to dig in sand. 🙄

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #42  
All I ever seem to find in the woods is old fence lines and bits or small spools of barbed wire.
Grrrrr. 😡

I bought an inexpensive metal detector once...
I've had many of those over the years, but never an inexpensive one. Usually they're made by Husqvarna but I currently own three Echos. It's amazing how quickly they can find barbed wire... especially after putting on a new chain. ;) :eek:

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #43  
Here's the one I found with the tiller in our garden.

C5AFC2A9-101E-421E-95FE-7259F6BE929D.jpeg

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #45  
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #46  
Yuck! That's appears to be a 1000 gallon poly septic tank.
Maybe new construction up stream, recently buried, and never used?
Patrick
Our largest ever flood down along the creek left this big tank down below. I probably should have bought some clamp on forks to bring it up the hill. Instead, I just used a sawsall and cut it up.

Had a 120v pump inside.

Tried for find the owner. No luck.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #48  
I bought a metal detector to find those @#$% nuts/bolts that fall onto my lawn and get lost in the grass. Works well right around my outbuildings.

If I go out where the original homesteader had his buildings - WoW!!! Nail & spikes of all sizes, small metal cans, nuts & bolts, old dry cell batteries, bits and chunks of metal - you name it. It would be a never ending task to find one specific item if lost over there.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #49  
Yuck! That's appears to be a 1000 gallon poly septic tank.
Maybe new construction up stream, recently buried, and never used?
Patrick
Had the little bit of liquid in it sampled. It was just water.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #50  
Grrrrr. 😡

I bought an inexpensive metal detector once to play with. It just goes nuts around the place. Now I understand why treasure hunters like beaches, so much easier to dig in sand. 🙄
Oh yeah, a thousand pieces of barbed wire and rusty mangled oil cans. Sadly, Curly’s gold was nowhere to be seen.