Cool Nature Photos

/ Cool Nature Photos
#2,941  
Total Solar Eclipse

This is a composite image I created using several of the photos I captured on Monday. It includes the partial phases, diamond rings, Baily's beads, prominences, the corona, and Earthshine.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Composite Color With Text.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,943  
Those are VERY IMPRESSIVE pictures of the eclipse!!!!!

Are your pictures the ones I've been seeing on the news and all over the internet?

/ Cool Nature Photos
#2,944  
Those are VERY IMPRESSIVE pictures of the eclipse!!!!!

Are your pictures the ones I've been seeing on the news and all over the internet?
Thank you! And no. I just processed and posted them yesterday. I'm just a hobbiest when it comes to photography and this was my first time photographing an eclipse. I just put in the time and did the research and practiced a bit and it paid off.

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,948  
Beautiful! What were you doing in my corner of "God's Country"?

Here's a pic of Denio and the surrounding country looking southeast from the Pueblo Mountains:
P1001525eremailSteve5-18-23.jpg

We were up there checking out the crash site of a B-24 Liberator bomber that impacted near the top of the mountains back in WWII times:
P1001514erJLforum5-28-23.jpg

The engines on those B24s were a marvel....
B24 engine 9-19-15r.jpg

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,949  

Here's a pic of Denio and the surrounding country looking southeast from the Pueblo Mountains:
View attachment 862741

We were up there checking out the crash site of a B-24 Liberator bomber that impacted near the top of the mountains back in WWII times:
View attachment 862742

View attachment 862747
Not there but I have cousins in the area. They've been to the bomber as well..

/ Cool Nature Photos #2,950  

View attachment 862741

View attachment 862742

View attachment 862747
The most produced aviation engine in history...