Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust

/ Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust #1  

Red Horse

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 655ZTrak, Deere 4720 Cab, 400 X LT 155
How about it? Anyone converted their underhood exhaust on a 4000 series-3000 for that matter too- to a vertical pipe?

/ Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust
Thx Dusty-I'm going to the JD parts online for a comparison

/ Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust
Dusty,
Per Deere website, price is 232.10. My dealer has two in stock. Plus he has a new building they are moving to in a few weeks sand he has a big auction Sat. to move used equip. All parts also 10% off Sat. Ball in my court. Just wonder how you tilt the hood with a vert. pipe???

/ Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust #5  
It comes out the side not top. You'll find a spot on left side panel to notch out.

/ Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust #6  
It comes out the side not top. You'll find a spot on left side panel to notch out.

Mine comes out the top, but I'm an open station guy.

It was really easy. With a drill and hole saw kit, it'd be dead-easy. With a drill and a regular drill bit, followed by a rasp, it was still pretty easy.

The pipe simply lifts off before you lift the hood.

-J.

/ Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust #7  
Red Horse said:
Dusty,
Per Deere website, price is 232.10. My dealer has two in stock. Plus he has a new building they are moving to in a few weeks sand he has a big auction Sat. to move used equip. All parts also 10% off Sat. Ball in my court. Just wonder how you tilt the hood with a vert. pipe???

Cool. I didn't know on the price, but that one had been up for awhile with make offer on it.

Stack just lifts off then you raise hood.

/ Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust #8  
i ordered mine with the vertical exhaust. looks to be a very easy install and like dusty said, it lifts right off and it has four different positions you can place it. The heat shroud allows you to remove it even when the machine has been running for hours. heres some pics i took before spring
IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

/ Converting 4000 series to vertical exhaust #10  
Shortthrow I like the tint

I didn't realize you were talking about 4000-20 series just read 4000 series on the 4000-10 series it comes out the side.

I'd rather have mine out the bottom though. I'd break it off bushhoging under trees.