Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #1  

JDBerg

Tractor
John Deere 3039r
Good morning, I am looking at buying a used 5 series tractor and I am seeing all three kinds of quick attach on the loaders. JDQA, SSQA and global. I am NOT asking about the benefits of one over the other. I am looking for information on removing a SSQA and installing a JDQA. Has anyone done it? If so, did you buy new parts from Deere? Approximately how much did you spend on parts? Lastly, how hard was it to do the change out? (Basic mechanical skills, or welding etc)

Thank you for your time and patience with me.

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #2  
Unless there is a conversion plate to go from SSQA to JDQA I would think a conversion would require welding, though I have never done it. Mine has global and I'm pretty sure Ive seen conversion plates to go from JDQA to global.

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #3  
I saw a youtube video where a guy had an adapter to use quick attach stuff on his JD tractor. Since that exists, there is a chance that what you are looking for exists.

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #4  
Good morning, I am looking at buying a used 5 series tractor and I am seeing all three kinds of quick attach on the loaders. JDQA, SSQA and global. I am NOT asking about the benefits of one over the other. I am looking for information on removing a SSQA and installing a JDQA. Has anyone done it? If so, did you buy new parts from Deere? Approximately how much did you spend on parts? Lastly, how hard was it to do the change out? (Basic mechanical skills, or welding etc)

Thank you for your time and patience with me.
Welcome to TBN.

Suggest you go to JD parts and compare the parts on your FEL now and see what the parts look like for the JD QA.
Or post model no. of FEL and pics of what you have now so others can make that comparison.
Think both styles were an option for some FEL's, but not sure if true with your model.

More info needed, tks.

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #5  
Good morning, I am looking at buying a used 5 series tractor and I am seeing all three kinds of quick attach on the loaders. JDQA, SSQA and global. I am NOT asking about the benefits of one over the other. I am looking for information on removing a SSQA and installing a JDQA.
Any reason to not use an adapter? That way you could use both styles.

AdaptATachAdapters5.jpg

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #6  
Cost I can't help you with but to switch it out is just knocking out the 4 pins holding the SSQA adapter to the FEL, replace it with the JD adapter, and put the 4 pins back in place.

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #7  
Once you get the correct holders and timing bar for the model FEL you have, it is as simple as removing the 4 pins. Which FEL is on the tractor?

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #8  
Maybe JDBerg will return..and give us some more info.

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #9  
Most 5 series loaders come from the factory with the JDQA brackets. They are removed to install SSQA brackets. They are attached with a couple of pins. There are probably some stock JDQA brackets laying around that could be bought cheap at dealers or on farms. Depending on how old of model the loader is, hopefully they are still available for purchase new.

/ Conversion of loader from SSQA to JDQA #10  
Most 5 series loaders come from the factory with the JDQA brackets. They are removed to install SSQA brackets. They are attached with a couple of pins. There are probably some stock JDQA brackets laying around that could be bought cheap at dealers or on farms. Depending on how old of model the loader is, hopefully they are still available for purchase new.
Or he could find someone that wants to swap carriers.