Confusion of oil types for Foton 504.

/ Confusion of oil types for Foton 504. #1  

Baroness

Tractor
Foton 504
Hello all, I have a 2013 Foton Lovol 504 and I want to change the oil in the axles and final drives. I have read that the oil can be the same oil hydraulic oil i used for the transmission but I have also read that I should use Gear Oil. If someone could advise on the correct oil to get I would appreciate it. Cheers Jim

/ Confusion of oil types for Foton 504. #2  
If your transmission and hydraulics share a common sump you can use UTF, same with differential. If the sumps are NOT shared then use gear oil in the transmission and differential. Not a good idea to use gear oil in the hydraulics.

/ Confusion of oil types for Foton 504.
If your transmission and hydraulics share a common sump you can use UTF, same with differential. If the sumps are NOT shared then use gear oil in the transmission and differential. Not a good idea to use gear oil in the hydraulics.
Thankyou for the reply Bob. I have used hydraulic oil in the transmission and lifting sumps but should I use gear oil for the front axle and final drives of the front wheels. Thanks in advance for your input.

/ Confusion of oil types for Foton 504. #4  
Thankyou for the reply Bob. I have used hydraulic oil in the transmission and lifting sumps but should I use gear oil for the front axle and final drives of the front wheels. Thanks in advance for your input.
Yes, gear oil in those parts. I'm not that familiar with your tractor, so maybe someone with specific knowledge of the weights of oil will chime in. I'm assuming you don't have an owners manual because oil types would be called out in it.

Yes, gear oil in those parts. I'm not that familiar with your tractor, so maybe someone with specific knowledge of the weights of oil will chime in. I'm assuming you don't have an owners manual because oil types would be called out in it.

Thanks once again Bob. I have a manual which reads I can use hydraulic oil in the axles etc. but when I go to the section dealing with the final drives and axles etc., it then refers to the oil as gear oil which confused me. I do agree though that gear oil is what I should use. The manual (Chinese written) does however give me the weight of gear oil which is SAE 80W/90 or APICC/SC (-40c). I am able to purchase the SAE type easily in Australia. Thanks for your valuable advice.

/ Confusion of oil types for Foton 504. #6  
I would use the 80W90 gear oil.

/ Confusion of oil types for Foton 504. #7  
If there is brakes in the front finaldrives...then use engine oil in them .
Remember...the better the lub the kakker the brakes.

If there is brakes in the front finaldrives...then use engine oil in them .
Remember...the better the lub the kakker the brakes.
Thanks a lot for your response DLTTreckers. i have used engine oil in the front axle.