Seeders cone style fertilizer/grass spreader

/ cone style fertilizer/grass spreader #11  
For what its worth, after my FIL passed away, I decided to use his baltimatic spreader and put out ryegrass seed on alicia bermuda pasture to get some winter grass going. Just guessed it was 4-5 acres so bought four sacks of seed. When I started out, no matter how slow I went (low 1 and low throttle) the spreader slung seed out the top all over me. Couldnt figure it out. So, I put out four sacks in about two passes. A TBN member helped solve problem. Spreader has about a foot long agitator in it that I assume is good for breaking up the fertilizer but not for putting out such a light seed. But it didnt really matter since we have not had rain since the turn of the century i think

/ cone style fertilizer/grass spreader #12  
If you get one, be sure to clean it out thoroughly after each use. The absolute worst thing you can do is run fertilizer through a spreader and then put it up for a year. It will probably be froze up by the next spring! At my hunt club, we usually rinse it out good, and then rub it down with some used oil or diesel.

+10 on that. Seed won't hurt it a bit but any 'N' will eat it up faster than a 5 year old with a chocolate ice cream cone.

Mine has a plastic cone but I still rinse it and spray it with WD 40 because the mechanical parts are still metal.

Use ut and don't clean it, put it away and the following year it will look like swiss cheese.:laughing:

/ cone style fertilizer/grass spreader #13  
If you get one, be sure to clean it out thoroughly after each use. The absolute worst thing you can do is run fertilizer through a spreader and then put it up for a year. It will probably be froze up by the next spring! At my hunt club, we usually rinse it out good, and then rub it down with some used oil or diesel.

And the used oil will last longer. :thumbsup:

Mine looks identical to the one shown in the TSC link, but I paid $300 for it last year. TSC does not necessarily have the best price. ;) Most tractor dealers and even some feed and farm supply stores carry them. (under numerous brand names) Shop around for a better deal.

They will work well for what you want. As already mentioned, very light seeds will sometimes come out of the top, but that's to be expected. Just don't fill it up, and it shouldn't be as much of a problem.