Concrete Sealer

/ Concrete Sealer #1  

Deere Dude

Elite Member
Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
Tractor
John Deere 3720
I have 2700 sg ft. of exposed aggregate concrete driveway, garage and front porch. I don't think it has ever been sealed and I want top use an acrylic sealer to try to beautify it a little bit.

My boy lives in a nice subdivision near Nashville and said all his acquaintances in the neighborhood swear by Warren Acrylic Sealer. They said they tried Lowe's Eagle brand and other brands such as Lowes and weren't happy with the long term result of that. I looked at the testimonials on the Lowe's site and most are very positive but I don't think they are long time users.

My question would be then, I can get Warren sealer for a 10-15% higher price than Lowe's sealer but Lowe's is easier and closer. Any thoughts or any other idea of what I am missing.

/ Concrete Sealer #2  
Does sealing concrete stop it's ability to breath and drain liquid? How often would you have to seal? Does it protect against salt?

/ Concrete Sealer #3  
There are some products by GS that I used on my exposed slab, WATER BLOCK was made for this and they have a STAIN SEALER too. I bought at Menards and they are closing it out now moved to different brand but might still find some. I posted in here a while back or maybe the projects forum but look under my posts for it. Works and pics too heading for bed now but do a search on sealers and lots of posts will pop up.

M

/ Concrete Sealer
Okay, I went with a sealer with 100% acrylic as the main ingredient and was directly from a local factory. Supposedly many places call it acrylic when there is some acrylic in it but mostly fillers of some sort. 100% acrylic means putting it on once every 2-3 years vs. every year.

I got the brown tinted stuff so now the aggregate looks super nice.