Grading Compatible Rear Blades for the RK24

/ Compatible Rear Blades for the RK24 #1  

bbarrett1492

Tractor
RK24
Hi all, new member here. I recently just purchased my first tractor, the RK24. This whole experience is new to me and I am still learning as I go. When i ordered my tractor through Rural King, I attempted to order a 5' rear blade through them but was told due to supply chain issues it could be months before the blade would arrive. While out and about, I noticed Tractor Supply has a Countyline brand 5' blade. Can anyone speak on the compatibility of different brand blades with the RK24? Are they typically universal if they are in the same category? I looked up the listing on the Tractor Supply website but one of the questions states that it is not compatible with the RK24, despite both being category 1. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

/ Compatible Rear Blades for the RK24 #2  
If the blade is a Category 1 it should work with your tractor. The specific question for the RK tractor proceeds to give their part number. Why they say it won't work I don't know. Category 1 is pretty much Category 1. It involves things like pin diameters and distance between three point arms. If you do not have a top link you will have to purchase one. That's the only issue I can figure. The top link does not come with the blade, it usually stays with the tractor moving from implement to implement.

/ Compatible Rear Blades for the RK24 #3  
A lot can depend on the height of your 3 point setup and the height of the lower pins on the blade when level. On my New Holland TC26 DA, my Woods RB60 was not optimal because with the hitch at the highest settings and the blade offset, any tilt setting on the blade was unusable because it couldn't be lifted off the ground at any top link setting that made sense. The TC26DA was the smallest frame CUT, bigger than SCUTs. I would assume any 5' blade from TSC specifically made for SCUTs should work, but ones designed for larger tractors might not be what you want even though they fit the hitch.. On my Workmaster 40, the RB60 has enough height, but doesn't cover the tires when offset a foot, which is the way I use it for snow. Depending on what you intend to use it for, I wouldn't get a blade smaller than the 5' you're considering.

/ Compatible Rear Blades for the RK24 #4  
The above comments are correct. I would suggest looking at anyone who has a SCUT in your area and see what they are using.
Also look at craigs list and facebook market place, you can buy a decent used blade fairly cheap and try it. Youtube also has a ton of videos on SCUT using scraper blades, look at them and see what they are using. I had an LS MT 125 and borrowed an friends countyline 5' scraper, and it worked fine scraping manure into piles I could scoop with the bucket.

/ Compatible Rear Blades for the RK24 #5  
There is nothing special about the RK branded blade that I can see. It's manufactured by King Kutter, which is also sold by TSC in my area.
I wouldn't think twice about the compatibility of CountyLine or KingKutter cat 1 blades.

/ Compatible Rear Blades for the RK24 #6  
Rear blades are rear blades look on Craigslist and save some money. Even if you find a 6 footer cheaper try it if it’s too be cut it down