Price Check Comparing some Kioti estimates

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates #11  
My Kioti dealer also sells badboy products and they make a mean cutter, I think mine was around 1200$ new, heavy duty will go through 2-3 inch saplings without slipping the clutch, I do wish I had opted for the 6' model but it is heavy duty and I really like it on my 4010.

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates #12  
Interesting that you mention how useful that hydraulic top link is. Both dealers I spoke to told me that it would be useless for that application and that size tractor. I am not sure why they would say that, it seemed like a pretty great feature to have when you have to adjust a heavy implement on the back but I don't know much...=p

What tractor and what application are they referring/responding to?

There's a pretty good thread in the Attachments section on using a box blade. There's a fellow there that probably knows about as much as anyone on the finer points of running a box blade and he wouldn't operate one without the hydraulic top link AND a side (box leveler) hydraulic cylinder. I don't have a lot of experience with using the box blade and hydraulic top link combo, BUT, I DO know that it works: on my fence project I did a lot of grading and moving around material (probably about 300 tons worth).

The hydraulic top link has been great with my cutter too. I've been able to mow over and into some small ditches w/o having to climb out of/off of the tractor and adjusting the top link. Also retract and back into big brush and ease down to pulverize.

Regarding rotary cutters, 6' "Heavy Duty" cutters new run around $3.600. New "Medium Duty" of same size run around $2,500. I spent a lot of time looking at them and almost went with buying a new one but managed to spot the used one I ended up with (at $800, even beat to heck, was a deal).

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates #13  
I just purchased the Kioti Ck4010 SEHC 4x4 with the factory cab and with Heat/AC/Radio . All optional hydraulic remotes are automatically included. Price was $30,195.00. Added the Rotary Cutter, Box Blade and Auger with stand and down force hydraulic. All implements were painted Kioti Orange but came with complete Woods Instruction Manuals and parts listing.

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates #14  
I bought a new box blade only because I could not find a good used one. PM me and I'll let you know where I got it. Hard surfaces definitely need a heavy implement. I've found that rippers/scarifiers make for great brakes! Doesn't take much to have a box blade with rippers down dig in and stall you out. This is where an hydraulic top link is essential (and one sets the rippers shallow).

Bush hog I got used. REAL used; but, it's near Medium Duty (one has to really research to fully understand what the various classes are here; there's no industry standard, but once you understand what's different in the different "classes" it become more obvious- look to the leading manufacturers to know what's really "heavy duty," "wedium duty," "light duty" etc.): it's about 1k lbs, 6', (90 HP gearbox) Bush Hog brand. $800, but I had to buy a new PTO shaft and get the tail wheel bracket welded (and reinforced): it's mentioned in my thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/369313-my-nx5510h.html

Being indecisive just means that you're not being hasty. Read around in the Attachments section in this site, it has some great info to help provide others' experiences. Case in point, after reading up about PTO augurs I decided to NOT go that route and instead rented a skid steer with an augur: fencing project; I got the augur stuck a few times- had I not had the ability to reverse, as is the case with PTO-driven augurs, I don't know what I'd have done; yes, many people manage, but for me I had a big project and I had to slam it out quickly; I won't hesitate to rent power/the right tool for the job.
You need to install the hydraulic down force kit on the PTO augers to reverse out of hole when the auger gets stuck.
These are optional for Kioti augers. The optional stand is worth every penny for the Auger. It's such a cumbersome piece of equipment the stand solves alot of headaches when going to attach.

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates #15  
Interesting that you mention how useful that hydraulic top link is. Both dealers I spoke to told me that it would be useless for that application and that size tractor. I am not sure why they would say that, it seemed like a pretty great feature to have when you have to adjust a heavy implement on the back but I don't know much...=p

It has been my experience that a lot of dealers don't really have a clue when it comes to implements and what "really" works or what it takes to have that implement work to it's fullest potential.

I had 2 different guys at the first of the year needing-wanting hydraulic top links for their 600HP cat 4 tractors. But according to your dealer their tractors must have been to big to use them on their tractors. :rolleyes: Everything just has to be built to properly fit what it's going to be used for. Not really all that difficult. ;)

If you have as much grading to do as it sounds like you do, you want at a minimum of a 1000lb implement to do that grading. That applies to a box blade, a rear blade and a land plane grading scraper (LPGS) which it is nice to have all 3 as well a good landscape rake.

Box blade should be 6'-7'. A 78" unit is what I would recommend. Rear blade should be an 8 footer. LPGS should be 6'-7', maybe an 8 foot unit depending on your conditions. Landscape rake should be an 8 footer also.

None of these implements are cheap in this weight range, but they will get the job done better and much easier and will last a lifetime.

A top & tilt set for your 3pt hitch makes all of these grading implements able to perform at their peak much easier without having to continually be leaving your seat to make manual 3pt adjustments.

Good luck with your searches and your end decisions. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1464.JPG
    IMG_1464.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 223
   / Comparing some Kioti estimates #16  
I would definitely recommend giving Mike Schramke at Larry Stovesand Equipment in Murfreesboro, TN a call. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I could all but guarantee he'll give you a price you'll be happy with. I just ordered a NX 4510 HST two days ago and he was a pleasure to do business with. They will deliver as well.

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates #17  
Ah, yes, it was Brian (MtnViewRanch) that I was thinking about as being the master at using a box blade. Lucky to have folks like him around.

Again, weight IS critical. Even at 1,200 lbs my box blade will occasionally bump up due to catching on a good sized rock. Such rocks are usually dislodged. Lighter implements would likely just bounce right over, leaving you with trying to figure out how to get that mound of rock up. I'd contemplated an even heavier box blade and I'm kind of happy I didn't go for it as this one ridding on the back of my NX seems about all I'd want to carry (I've got a lot of uneven ground and like to travel faster than I probably should!).

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates #18  
I've had a hydraulic top link on my DK 35 for 16 years. I use it nearly every time I use the tractor.
So use full I will never have a tractor without one.

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates #19  
Vince, I went some 1,100 hours before finally getting relief. My B7800 is total low-budget, no rear hydraulics (I could never muster up the courage to try and rectify). My manual top link always tended to loosen up, in which case it was common to be getting off the tractor to adjust (or for changing conditions/requirements). I learned a lot as to what I wanted in my next tractor.

I'm fortunate in that my dealer and its staff actually do farming stuff, they operate tractors on a regular basis. Next time I drop in there I may ask them what they think of hydraulic top links just to hear what they have to say (pretty sure they won't say they're useless).

/ Comparing some Kioti estimates
Hey All,

Just an update on this. I decided to go with the NX 4510 HST. So it came out to $26940 with Tractor, Loader, 2 Rear Remotes and and Bush Hog MBX72 box blade. I am expecting delivery here in the next week or so. Thank much for all of the help and great advice!