Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #91  
I think you just proved my point 😅

I wasn't disagreeing, lol.

I'm just hoping we don't lose all tractor salespeople.
The good ones can be very helpful and a valuable asset to the dealer. I believe they are essential to the market in general.

Mike

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #92  
One of the responders on this thread said he would have bought differently if he had known what was meant by a "live PTO".
I believe that it was my comment you are referring to. If so, you misunderstood. I knew what it was, but didn't realize until the last minute that the tractor I was looking at ( 3301DT) didn't have one. Had I known sooner I would have come up with the extra for a 3901DT, which does.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #93  
When a dealer is selling lots of big stuff like combines, the commissions make them seem to forget the smaller transactions.

Deere seems pretty good but you are paying top dollar no matter what.

Buying small 3 point implements from most dealers is a painful experience over the phone. Much easier to come and talk to them.
Deere has three different types of dealerships, from what I can tell.

“Yellow “ specializes in construction equipment.
“Green” ag dealers are commercial farm equipment, mostly aimed at corporate farmers.

“Green” lawn and garden dealerships handle smaller CUT and SCUT equipment, as well as skid steers, CUT equipment, and smaller excavators, up to maybe the 60G. These are the dealerships that fit into most of the equipment small businesses, suburban farmettes, and small landowners buy, and what I think is the target audience of this forum.

These are the dealerships that should, in theory, be most responsive to our needs.

Having said that, the local Kioti dealer blows the Deere dealer away on customer service and aggressive pricing.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #94  
Deere has three different types of dealerships, from what I can tell.

“Yellow “ specializes in construction equipment.
“Green” ag dealers are commercial farm equipment, mostly aimed at corporate farmers.

“Green” lawn and garden dealerships handle smaller CUT and SCUT equipment, as well as skid steers, CUT equipment, and smaller excavators, up to maybe the 60G. These are the dealerships that fit into most of the equipment small businesses, suburban farmettes, and small landowners buy, and what I think is the target audience of this forum.

These are the dealerships that should, in theory, be most responsive to our needs.

Having said that, the local Kioti dealer blows the Deere dealer away on customer service and aggressive pricing.
The Kioti dealer has to do everything he can to sell that brand. It sure doesn't sell itself like Deere.

Now calm down. Just kidding you back a little.

You are one of the first I've noticed who drew the distinction between the different types of Deere dealers. It's difficult to get the picture right until you see it that way.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #95  
Our local deere dealership will sell construction equipment up to an 120g excavator, skid steers and the smaller front end loaders from what the salesman told me.
Sells all sizes of lawn mowers, cut, scut all the way up to deeres biggest 9 series

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #96  
I'd like to know what quantity of emails the dealership gets daily, and yield rate of viable leads. There is probably a mix of people ready to buy, all the way to the teenager who is just enthralled with tractors. That being said, there are diamonds in there somewhere. My experience in dealerships is that sales people do actual work, but they also have enough down time where they could be answering calls or returning emails. It strikes me that dealerships could help streamline the lead response with some tools like Salesforce, or AI.

My least favorite sales people are indifferent, or don't have knowledge about their product.
My favorite sales people just like talking about their product (and are knowledgeable), and don't play games about selling or pricing.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #97  
I'd like to know what quantity of emails the dealership gets daily, and yield rate of viable leads. There is probably a mix of people ready to buy, all the way to the teenager who is just enthralled with tractors. That being said, there are diamonds in there somewhere. My experience in dealerships is that sales people do actual work, but they also have enough down time where they could be answering calls or returning emails. It strikes me that dealerships could help streamline the lead response with some tools like Salesforce, or AI.

My least favorite sales people are indifferent, or don't have knowledge about their product.
My favorite sales people just like talking about their product (and are knowledgeable), and don't play games about selling or pricing.
Based on your experience, what would you say the spread was? 80% indifferent to 20% knowledgable?

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #98  

Based on your experience, what would you say the spread was? 80% indifferent to 20% knowledgeable?
50%/50%

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows #99  
different types of Deere dealers
if only the difference business focus was the reason for the poor service. My closest 'green' Deere dealership usually has 50-70% CUT or smaller on the lot. 2 trips to walk the lot, no salesperson even bothered to check with me.

I understand that some dealerships are different, but for the premium price on the green paint, the service should always be top notch. It is especially disappointing because it is part of the large regional chain. The disdain for the small-mid sized tractor buyers is palpable.

/ Compact Tractor Dealers Ignore Two-thirds of Their Potential Website Customers, Industry Survey Shows
if only the difference business focus was the reason for the poor service. My closest 'green' Deere dealership usually has 50-70% CUT or smaller on the lot. 2 trips to walk the lot, no salesperson even bothered to check with me.

I understand that some dealerships are different, but for the premium price on the green paint, the service should always be top notch. It is especially disappointing because it is part of the large regional chain. The disdain for the small-mid sized tractor buyers is palpable.
My thoughts are the compensation must not be that great or they wouldn't be behaving this way. When there's little to no money in something then people don't take it serious.

Haha not in my town, it was 100% indifferent and unknowledgeable.