Comer LF-135A Rotary Mower Gearbox

/ Comer LF-135A Rotary Mower Gearbox #1  

Maknwine

Silver Member
Tractor
1951 8N Ford, 1962? JD 4010 WF Gas, 1976 International 154 Loboy, New Holland T2410
Picked up an older rotary mower for a couple hundred bucks that I know needed some cracks welded and bolts to the gearbox/deck tightened....but it did have a new back wheel :D

Anywho, I suspected it would probably need seals. After welding cracked reinforcements, cracked areas around gearbox mounts, removing stump jumper/blades(which looked not beaten up and recently sharpened BONUS) and tightening down the gear box went ahead put in some 80 90 gear oil and tried it out in some grass. AFter about 20-30 minutes I noticed it was leaking out the back of gear box. Well it cuts great, doesn't vibrate, or make any odd noises so I think I'm gonna use it a few times this summer, what's left of it, like it is with some JD corn head grease as a patch. Then after about September pull the gearbox off and replace the seals if gears look worthy.

I'm having trouble locating a diagram online or some kind of a parts breakdown in order to find seals/parts. Does anyone have a go to source? I'm sure this gearbox is old but maybe its not serviced any longer as why my GoogleFu doesn't seem to be working.

I dont have a pic of the gearbox but do have the tag. The attached pic is off the net but looks like it. I noticed on my gearbox last night that it is leaking at the back and the attached pic looks like she's been leaking similarly. The back of gearbox is circular and at the bottom there is a notch and that is where it flows from.

Attachments

• bushhog on net.jpg
    bushhog on net.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
   / Comer LF-135A Rotary Mower Gearbox
Here's the tag. And thanks in advance if you have some leads on a parts breakdown.

Attachments

• Comer gearbox.jpg
    Comer gearbox.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 367
   / Comer LF-135A Rotary Mower Gearbox
Well, that didn't take long. I think I looked at that as it was close to the top of search but I saw the price then dismissed it as not being a parts breakdown. Overlooked it I guess.

Thanks for replying on that Radios1 !!

/ Comer LF-135A Rotary Mower Gearbox #5  
Well, that didn't take long. I think I looked at that as it was close to the top of search but I saw the price then dismissed it as not being a parts breakdown. Overlooked it I guess.

Thanks for replying on that Radios1 !!
if you contact them, they should be able to supply a parts breakdown, if not, then parts are not sold for that unit, it happens sometimes, BUT, if you look for part numbers on the seals, you can buy those online. virtually everything made uses readily available parts from various manufacturers, since making everything in house, or having custom made parts made is VERY expensive!..

/ Comer LF-135A Rotary Mower Gearbox #6  
This was not an isolated instance . Thanks to your fortunate guidance I too am able to pick through the repair of my Trimax with this drive fitted. I deeply appreciate that you left this information here for the community. Which popped up in the top results on google for this item. It's an Italian creation so little was recorded of this earlier manifestation. Cheers Mr. You're a handy bloke to have around.