Come on Guys....

/ Come on Guys.... #11  
<font color=blue>...many customers can not justify the price of new tractors for a machine that gets occasional use...</font color=blue>

That is so true...

However... in the U.S... the used compacts command top dollar... and in some area's - equal or greater than... the price of new... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif {those prices pertaining to unsuspecting/unaware buyers...}

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Come on Guys.... #12  
Reminds me of Yanmar. The made 'us' models, and grey models. Up untill a few years ago, I didn't know that kubota had done the same.

Chris

/ Come on Guys.... #14  
Actually I had registerred back on 3-11, but had a problem with cookies, I've finally got it straight, and logged back in, so now I can 'play'.

thanks,

Chris

/ Come on Guys.... #15  
John,

Our customers are well informed and well researched, so none of them would pay greater than new price for used models. There is a definite need for good ,low priced small tractors that we can only fill with grey imports.

/ Come on Guys.... #16  
<font color=blue>...so none of them would pay greater than new price for used models...</font color=blue>

Good morning BillK...

You just have to go to a few of our Northeast US auctions... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif
{Bill, at times you just won't believe your eyes and ears...}

You may decide to bring over some of your "Greys" and make some more money...easily... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Come on Guys.... #17  
You really have to do your research on the Grey's, as I did, and find the long term honest dealers who know what they are doing, have been there, done that and have the tee shirts...

It is not for the faint of heart...a wide range of prices for similar units can be expected... not unlike US made tractors of every size, make and number of hours... A quick search on IronSolutions will show you that if you make comparisons on similar units...several thousand dollar swings on essentially the same unit....Regions of the country are very different and I can imagine the extreme Northeast is very much unlike the Midwest where you literally have thousands of used tractors for sale and dozens of compact size....

That being said, in the midwest you can literally pay from a half to a third of the price of a new tractor of similar capability in a Grey Market...again, uses are important and the amount of time or conditions will also dictate which is a better or more appropriate decision. For me, it was occasional snow removal, and mowing appx. 4 acres of grass with a finish mower... do not need 4 wheel drive, do not need an FEL... I did not want to spend more that $5000... about what you would spend for a new big Lawn and Garden tractor, which I had but wanted Cat. 3 pt hitch... Found the attached for $4700.00, with a used tiller.... 25 HP, 21 at PTO, 1993 Model, 16 Spds fwd and 16 reverse, shuttle shift, tilt steering wheel... added the Turf Tires for $4900.00 Total.... Had 460 hours...

/ Come on Guys.... #18  
Sorry, could not post the picture..says file to big but I think it is related to the cookies.. will have to figure out... I do have the picture posted at the Machinery Forum.. www.ytmag.com if you are interested to see it....

/ Come on Guys.... #19  
Hi John,

Sounds like there is real demand for good used Kubotas in the US. Maybe its because supply of grey's has dried up following the injunction, and people pay silly money for any used Kubota.

I think it would be impossible to sell greys without infringing on court ruling. Maybe Zen-Noh (kubota with different badge) is still sold there.

BillK

/ Come on Guys.... #20  
Zen-noh is not a tractor brand. It's a large Japanese farm co-op that buys tractors and puts their name on it. My gray market Yanmar is a Zen-noh. I just learned that Zen-noh bought Kubotas as well. Does anyone know if they buy other brands?