Cold Front! Time for Beef Stew!

/ Cold Front! Time for Beef Stew! #11  
Well, Chuck roast will cook up faster than some of the other cuts. Plus, the V8 seems to tenderize it fairly quickly. I admit that I have to sample the meat from time to time to make sure that it is cooking up. It's an art, and I try to make sure that it is cooking up before I add the veggies.

I use Peal Barley in all my soup and stews....it is good stuff and not only tastes good, good for you but it adds body and acts as a thickener... I wish I had thought of beef stew earlier today...:) I think I can smell yours from here..

/ Cold Front! Time for Beef Stew!
I use Peal Barley in all my soup and stews....it is good stuff and not only tastes good, good for you but it adds body and acts as a thickener... I wish I had thought of beef stew earlier today...:) I think I can smell yours from here..

If you tell me you put okra in your stew, we must be brothers separated at birth!

/ Cold Front! Time for Beef Stew! #13  
I'm home this week, (after work) that sounds like something for the dutch oven on the woodsrtove. :p
I tried to respond earlier, but had to go find a bib to keep the drool off the keyboard.

/ Cold Front! Time for Beef Stew! #14  
This thread has made me hungry. After reading the other posts, there is one ingredient that I use that was not mentioned. Aside from all the other ingredients that I use, I always put ONE tablespoon of Molasses in the liquid base. The addition of a small amount of Molasses is from my Grandparents on my Mother's side.