Cobwebs on my PWS

/ Cobwebs on my PWS
Ours was a cheaper unit which probably explains a lot, we paid about $130, might look at the Acurite but the missus will baulk at the $350 price tag.
Fence mounting no can do as the horses will break it.
My AcuRite was about $130 for the outside sensor and inside Access internet link. Went looking and ASIN B074X85BMJ is currently $150 at Amazon. B086WNW3Z8 is $8 more, includes a display which apparently has WiFi internet connection allowing you to view the data anywhere. Mine lacks a display, the Access link requires ethernet. The link between outside sensor and inside internet connection is wireless.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS
we got this about a month ago, the display alone makes it better then the 5 in 1 which i still have

That looks nice. I don't have much use for a display. Used to have an AcuRite display with USB port to connect to computer which could collect the data locally and relay to AcuRite to be viewed anywhere on phone or web browser. But the computer had to be running 24/7. Got tired of it. The dedicated hardware AcuRite Access is much more reliable, lower power consumption, but limited.

Primary concern with my AcuRite Iris 5-in-1 is how the plastic isn't premium UV-resistant.

A secondary concern is how it can only post data to AcuRite and Weather Underground. WU has only gotten worse since purchase by IBM. Lately the WU website has been ultra slow.

And guess what? Spiderman has tied up my wind sensor again.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS #13  
I have a 40# bag of Diazinon. I put a light ring of the granules around the entire outside of the house. Cuts down on spiders and ants. Put something like that around the base of the fence post.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS #14  
I have a 40# bag of Diazinon. I put a light ring of the granules around the entire outside of the house. Cuts down on spiders and ants. Put something like that around the base of the fence post.

I had to look it up. I didn’t even know Diazinon was still available.

It was introduced in 1952 as an an alternative to DDT.

I was literally brought up on liquid and granular Diazinon on the farm. Lol.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS #15  

Unfortunately Diazinon was banned for homeowner use but there are other insecticides.
I spray around mine which is on a 20’ pole in the chicken run. They help with spiders.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS #16  
I'm sure Diazinon is no longer available/legal. I bought this big 'ol bag some 15 to 20 years ago. I know it's no longer full strength but it still does a job.

There has got to be other pesticides that will do a similar job.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS #17  
I'm sure Diazinon is no longer available/legal. I bought this big 'ol bag some 15 to 20 years ago. I know it's no longer full strength but it still does a job.

There has got to be other pesticides that will do a similar job.
I still have two 40 lb. bags also.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS #18  
I still have two 40 lb. bags also.

I miss those old multi layered bags. I think towards the end they (granular) were available in 5 gallon plastic pails.

The emulsible concentrate used to come in rectangular gallon cans. You had to use a nail to poke an air vent in the corner opposite the cap and even then you got as much on your hands as in the spray tank. Then you wiped your hands on your pants and ate your sandwich. Lol.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS #19  
I regret letting the unopened bag of DDT that was in my grandfathers estate go.

/ Cobwebs on my PWS #20  
I regret letting the unopened bag of DDT that was in my grandfathers estate go.

We still had old stock DDT when I was little. It was a lot safer when used properly than many of the organophosphates that replaced it.