Coastal tractor transmission (hydrostatic) fluid in Bobcat?

/ Coastal tractor transmission (hydrostatic) fluid in Bobcat? #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
I posted in the Construction section but didn't get an answer so I realized this may be a better section to ask.

I have a 2000 Bobcat 753.

Is Coastal tractor transmission fluid OK for use in the hydraulic system? It is JD 303 compliant and has anti foam properties.

/ Coastal tractor transmission (hydrostatic) fluid in Bobcat? #2  
Can't leave ya hanging there even if I give ya the wrong answer!

A tractor fluid is very similar to plain hydraulic fluid other than the extreme pressure additives used for the transmissions and axles on the tractors. Without those additives, the drivetrains would see wear on the gears and shafts under load. Now, I can't imagine them to be harmful in a closed hydraulic system. My only other concern would be the relative viscosity of the fluid, wil the tractor fluid maybe just a tad thicker than normal hydraulic.

/ Coastal tractor transmission (hydrostatic) fluid in Bobcat?
Thanks for the response! I appreciate your input no matter what. The Bobcat doesn't run actual hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic system. Bobcat even says you can use a certain viscosity motor oil as an alternative to their hydrostatic fluid. I think Bobcat "officially" calls their stuff "Bobcat Hydraulic/Hydrostatic Fluid".

Hopefully I can use this stuff, because I bought 5 gallons of it, lol.