Club Cadet 129 ? rototiller attachment

/ Club Cadet 129 ? rototiller attachment #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
A very close friend of mine is surrendering to the snow and ice of NW Ohio and moving to Florida to be near his children. He has a well cared for Cub Cadet 129 with Hydrostat, 44'' mid mount mower deck and a front snow blower. the engine is a 12 HP Kohler and runs beautifully.

My question is this: Did IH ever make a rototiller attachment that could be mounted on the rear and driven with the belt drive that drives the snow blower or the mower deck? if not was there any other equipment or attachment company make one that would easily adapt to this model. I am sure going to use the snowblower at my daughters place with a front drive of over 500 feet but I need a medium rototiller that I can till my 2 acre garden. My back and legs can't do the walk behinds like they used to. I use the tiller to skim and cultivate the weeds coming up between my rows of plants.

Yes, I am the same amateur gardener who just blew the head on my medium MF 205 diesel and was looking for a tiller for that one which does have a PTO and 3 point hitch lift.
thank You...150 tomato plants, 100 watermelon, 100 cantaloupe, 50 honeydew, 150 rows of sweet corn, etc., etc., most dontaed to church kitchens, food banks, friends and neighbors, and I eat a lot my self.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    741.9 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    957.3 KB · Views: 643
   / Club Cadet 129 ? rototiller attachment #2  
My question is this: Did IH ever make a rototiller attachment that could be mounted on the rear and driven with the belt drive that drives the snow blower or the mower deck?

Hi

the 129 is a nice garden tractor and yes there is a tiller for it..the tiller is a cub cadet 1 or 1a tiller 34 or 36"..you see them on ebay or craigslist on occasion. takes a very long belt off the front pto, and it takes a gearbox mounted on the rear. I have a couple of 129's and use my tiller all the time..

enjoying the hot toledo weather? i am a toledo native who moved to new brunswick canada (north of maine)..GO BUCKEYES!!!

/ Club Cadet 129 ? rototiller attachment #3  
The toughest part is often finding something complete that will fit a thirty plus year old tractor.

Your first step might be to find the hitch for it! And while you are doing it you might want to add a hitch lift assist to the lever as the tillers are a lot of leverage back there. For a power source later in life many of the tillers had their own engine on them which is easier use then the front belt drives. Those units were built by Haban and now by agri-fab..

/ Club Cadet 129 ? rototiller attachment #4  
You may want to download a manual for the tiller first from either cubcadetcollectors.com (for free)or binderbooks.com (or buy elsewhere) & find out exactly what you'll need & how it hooks up! I too have a 129 & someday wld like a tiller for it but have not hooked one up yet & am curious how & what it looks like. Another thing you cld do is go to a/some tractor shows in hopes of finding some(cubs Are very popular so its very poss to find) & spying how it is hooked up 1st hand &/or spy some pics of some for sale! There is a restored 149 or 169 on Ebay rght now w/a tiller attached for sale w/it & w/pics! Good luck!