Closed foundry

/ Closed foundry #1  

Eaglesfate

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ryobi string trimmer
Looking for some help from the internets,

As I am trying to help find some answers to some cope and drag patterns that were picked up at an auction a few years back.

The Foundry Went by the name Taylor Winfield in Warren, Ohio. I wanted to figure out what they were for? I was told it may have been used to build hydraulic rams, not sure about that although, nor am I sure for whom the parts were made for.

Any sleuths out there that could help direct me let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_5383.JPG
    IMG_5383.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5384.JPG
    IMG_5384.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
   / Closed foundry #2  
I'm not sure what you're asking. The cope and drag are not used as a mould for a specific piece. Rather they form the top and bottom halves that hold the sand around a form prior to pouring molten metal into the void in the sand.

/ Closed foundry #3  
Try taking a photo of the pattern next time, it would be more useful than looking at the bounding box.

/ Closed foundry
I have not had any luck with finding the company itself so far. I can get some pictures of the patterns. This is turning into quite the search.

/ Closed foundry #5  
Looking for some help from the internets,

As I am trying to help find some answers to some cope and drag patterns that were picked up at an auction a few years back.

The Foundry Went by the name Taylor Winfield in Warren, Ohio. I wanted to figure out what they were for? I was told it may have been used to build hydraulic rams, not sure about that although, nor am I sure for whom the parts were made for.

Any sleuths out there that could help direct me let me know.

maybe these guys can help??

info@taylor-winfield.com they are in Ohio.

/ Closed foundry
   / Closed foundry
Update: Spoke top some one there and was informed that they had a processing facility and that they are happy to figure out what patterns we have.

/ Closed foundry
Here's a couple of the other patterns pulled out of the shed. Sent out the email to the contact to see what they can tell me about the molds.
B10605+C25851.JPG
C-045567 pt 1.JPG
B-397222 Pt 2.JPG
B-346760.JPG

Attachments

• B10605.JPG
    B10605.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 49