Cleaning under MMM on a B7610

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #1  

Buckeyeman

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota T2290
I have a B7610 with a MMM, and FEL. I was wondering if anyone knew a easy way to clean the underneath of the MMM. I put the FEL down all the way to raise it up off the ground and try to get as best as possible underneath with my pressure washer wand, but it just doesn't seem to be high enough to get in there. I have an attatched garage, and if you don't clean it, it stinks really bad inside the garage.

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #2  
I have the same problem. I am interested to see if there are any good ideas out there.
I did coat the bottom of my deck with truck bed spray-on bed liner coating. It does seem to help with the sticking and also stops the rusting that will happen with the wet build-up.

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #3  
During my college summers, I worked on the grounds crew for a golf course. The head groundskeeper was religious about making us wash down the equipment down after every use. We thought it was a pain, but all of the equipment was in amazing condition. Maybe that's what it really comes down to... continuous cleaning, just like greasing.

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #4  
Try going to Tractor Supply or any Cub Cadet dealer and pick up one of their patended deck wash system attatchments. You hook up your garden hose to it and start the MMM. The deck is nice and clean and you stay clean.

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #5  
A long time back someone posted that their dealer had installed a garden hose connection to the deck as part of the package -(i never saw a pic of it, but it could be a what Luvbug mentioned).. you just connect the hose, turn the water on.. turn the mower on and it cleans itself..

keep up updated on what you do.

Brian

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #6  
I take the 60" MMM off of my BX fairly often. The cars come out of the garage and I do this on the smooth garage floor. I don't rotate the anti-scalp wheels. I have a dolly made of 1/2" ply with 16 2" swivel casters. The anti-scalp wheels are set high enough that when the deck is lowered to the dolly, the anti-scalp wheels are off the ground. The MMM is then easily rolled around.

From a reinforced truss, I have an electric hoist. I run a short heavy chain around the front anti-scalp roller axle and hook the chain to the hoist cable. It goes up easily for maintanience. At the beginning of every spring, I remove and sharpen blades and clean out underside of deck.

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610
luvbug said:
Try going to Tractor Supply or any Cub Cadet dealer and pick up one of their patended deck wash system attatchments. You hook up your garden hose to it and start the MMM. The deck is nice and clean and you stay clean.

I went to TSC's website to see what you were suggesting, but couldn't find anything. I'll just ask someone at the store the next time I'm in there.
Thanks for the tip.

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #8  
I did a quick google search and all i found was similar to a single piece three headed sprinkler you drove over and it sprayed under the deck. They were very low to the ground so you wouldnt hit them.

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #9  
If using the power washer is the way you want to go, you could purchase a couple of lifting straps (about $8 -$16 for an 8 footer) and loop them over the anti scalp rollers and then lay the strap over the ends of the bucket and lift the deck to clean with your power washer. These will also allow you to tilt the deck a little bit with the curl and dump of the bucket. If you curl or dump too far, you may be better of purchasing 4 shorter straps and connecting to the top lip of the bucket so they won't slip around. However, you still don't want to get under the suspened load. You could possibly lift it onto saw horses though.

/ Cleaning under MMM on a B7610 #10  
I just put my tractor on car ramps with the deck all the way up and go at it with the pressure washer or hose. Works perfectly without removing the deck. I've also found that an ice scaper for windshields works perfectly for getting the stubborn areas without damaging the paint (although the pressure washer usually does a fine job).