Cleaning lawn of branches

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #161  
The folks that don't have pine trees but want them for mulch. I rake up a bunch to put the strawberries to rest every fall.
You don’t buy them though. Maybe large strawberry operations do?

My familiarity with strawberry fields in Pasadena, Tx did not include the bedding of the plants.

Good work if you can get it.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #162  
Pine straw was popular for mulch when I lived in NC. You could buy all the bales you wanted at any Garden Center.
Here I have about every tree species I need and just gather my own, all except for Straw and that is way more expensive here than hay.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #163  
Pine straw was popular for mulch when I lived in NC. You could buy all the bales you wanted at any Garden Center.
Here I have about every tree species I need and just gather my own, all except for Straw and that is way more expensive here than hay.
I did notice that in youtube vids, landscapers in the south using pine straw.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #164  
People seem to think the mid-mount Zero Turn is the only style of Zero-Turn there is which I agree will flip over backwards going uphill. They are kind of like an old M or H tricycle style they tend to flip themselves with the torque in the drivewheels going uphill.

I stated my "front deck" zero turn will not flip in any direction. If you want something for a steep hilly area that is truly safe get a front deck Zero-Turn machine. Mine is a Deines but Grasshopper, Woods, Deere, Toro, and a few others make them. The only dangers you have is losing traction and sliding somewhere you do not want to be or sliding out of the seat with no seat belt. My true preference is a Grasshopper or Woods because the lower center of gravity and ease of mounting and dismounting but it is not what I have. And while Indiana is not known for its steep slopes there are plenty of places where developers put in some steep slopes as they graded their building pads or in my case a pond bank. And yes I have slid down a few of them and it can be a little exciting but no injuries or damage - I did get very wet one time though.
I got a stander z-turn, that thing is awesome on hills, both going up them or sideways for that matter. Awesome mowers, them.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #167  
I used to work at a Gravely dealer and their stand ons were great machines.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #169  
I used to work at a Gravely dealer and their stand ons were great machines.
They're great machines, but so pricey! Near double the cost of my Bradley. Scag, Toro, etc..all the commercial mowers are generally way too pricey, at least in terms of just for home use.

I looked hard at various makes/models, read a bunch of reviews and watched youtube vids. Finally settled on either Bradley or Wright Stander B for affordability. Bradley had better specs, whereas Wright had a better name (they innovated the stand on mower).

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #170  
Hadn't heard of a Bradley so i had to look them up - couldn't stop laughing. They are a walk behind or stand on and are talking about "Greatly reduce operator fatigue..." I'm thinking ues you could if you would put a seat on them. Sorry - not being critical of a mower just an interesting comment for a walk-behind/standon mower company.