Cleaning lawn of branches

/ Cleaning lawn of branches
I'm on 2.6 acres. Each spring, I go around with the wheelbarrow picking up bigger branches. After that, I hook up the tow-behind lawn sweeper, which gets the smaller stuff adequately enough. Whatever's left over gets mowed and disappears that way.

View attachment 789508
I'll be honest, I was thinking of something like this (but on steroids for pulling behind a 3033R), when I created this thread. A lawn sweeper designed for 3-point behind a 35 hp machine seems like the ideal solution, but I'm not sure such a thing exists.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #62  
I have a mile-long driveway through a forest and a yard bordered by forest on three sides. For the abundant big stuff I use the (relatively) inexpensive Brush Crusher grapple and take it to a burn pile. For smaller stuff, I use grandchildren.

For smaller stuff, I use grandchildren.
I used to get my kids to help with this chore. They were easier to bribe when they were young.

My kids are always the first to volunteer at school or church, or to help a neighbor. But here at home, they can drag their feet like stubborn mules, when it comes to doing any yard work. It's a common affliction, or so I hear.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #64  
I have a harrow which works great for cleaning up branches.

Attachments

• drag harrow 1a.jpg
    drag harrow 1a.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 156
This is a picture of it being used to to shave ice so it's not so slippery but I've used it to clean up branches too. You just drag it through the grass till the tines are full. Then drag the branches to where you want them and lift the 3 point. Repeat till your lawn is cleaned up. There is very little handwork involved. Maybe rakeing branches away from tree trunks and the odd small branch that gets missed.
Those work too to clean plowed grass and such out of a freshly plowed field.....sometimes fingers and spikes do too good of a job doing the above.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #69  
that leaves a whole lot for coke and hookers!
That's how all purchase prices should be gauged.

Well I think my Agrifab sweeper was like $300...
How's it do with sticks? Looks like a "leaf only" endeavor?

I remember my father and grandfather both had a sweepers very much like this, probably badged Craftsman in the 1970's. I remember pulling them around behind the old Bolens garden tractor, but can't remember how well they worked.

1977 - bolens 1050 tractor.JPG