Cleaning lawn of branches

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #11  
If your landscape rake is reversible, you could try pushing them into a pile in reverse, but there isn't a good answer that I know of.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches
If your landscape rake is reversible, you could try pushing them into a pile in reverse, but there isn't a good answer that I know of.
I guess the top link could be adjusted to make this work, but my gut is telling me it likely has more likelihood of digging in and peeling up sod while pushing, than pulling?

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #13  
I had the same problem. On my 4 acres I had 21 big mature trees and 8 of them were black walnut. I was out there picking up sticks nearly every time the wind blew.

Mother Nature helped me out. Of the original 21 trees, I have 4 left. The rest blew down in storms over the past 25 years.

I would pickup sticks and load them into a small wagon I built and dispose of them when it was convenient for me.

But it was always fun, when it turned into work, I quit. I figured it would be fun again a few days later.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #14  
I guess the top link could be adjusted to make this work, but my gut is telling me it likely has more likelihood of digging in and peeling up sod while pushing, than pulling?
That could easily happen. If your yard is perfectly flat, it might work to some degree. If your yard pitches and rolls, you'll probably wish you had just raked them the normal way and put up with the ones that get crushed into your turf.

If your limbs are big enough and you have enough of them to justify the cost, there comes a point where a grapple is nice to have because you can carry more limbs in a grapple than a bucket and the grapple can compact the limbs a bit for you. The bad thing about a grapple is some small pieces can fall out unlike a bucket.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #15  
I use a gripper like Jethro B, just more metal on it.
Use my gorilla 4 wheel cart to follow me around.
Big stuff I just pick up or cut up with pole saw.
Little stuff use the grabber into the cart.

I have 6 acres, about 2 acres open area.

At some point in the season, I will run the flail around to chew up anything left.

I fill up the cart a bunch of times each season, but do each section on different days.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #16  
Unless you really have a lot of limbs or big limbs to deal with, using a rake plus a cart or wheelbarrow is a very practical option that doesn't tear up your yard.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #17  
I hate this task too. Spend all day picking up branches and sticks load up Kubota - dump and repeat. wait two days...20mph winds with 35mph gusts - repeat task.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #18  
..I spend at least a full afternoon cleaning up downed branches from my ~4 acres of lawn,...
An afternoon on 4 acres? Count you blessings. ;)

I'm with the suggestion of the gripper tool. Saves your back from bending over so often. Helps if someone else drives the machine while another picks, too.

/ Cleaning lawn of branches #19  
Here’s something that might work to push small twigs & branches to a pile

Zero turns can be used for lots of things other than mowing

1678728649370.jpeg

Tractor type

1678729458574.jpeg

Last edited: