Cleaning Landscape Rock in Flower Beds

/ Cleaning Landscape Rock in Flower Beds #21  
I would think that tilting just past horizontal to drain with or without the barrel turning would drain without putting much load on the grate? Seems like a person could put plenty of water in the mix and do a good job of cleaning and draining.

/ Cleaning Landscape Rock in Flower Beds #22  
You can have a grate over the barrel opening with an over center clamp to hold it in place. 3 of them should be sufficient with the handle mounted on the grate and the catch mounted on the drum. That way the catch won't interfere with it's normal usage.

Here's the clamp style, you don't need one this sturdy.
Over center clamp

/ Cleaning Landscape Rock in Flower Beds
I would think that tilting just past horizontal to drain with or without the barrel turning would drain without putting much load on the grate? Seems like a person could put plenty of water in the mix and do a good job of cleaning and draining.
Possibly. I had an old mixer (already at the scrap yard). That one with the mouth horizontal, not much would come out. The belly of the drum was still below the mouth. But, I have looked at them in a long long time, so maybe.
Thanks !

/ Cleaning Landscape Rock in Flower Beds #24  
Possibly. I had an old mixer (already at the scrap yard). That one with the mouth horizontal, not much would come out. The belly of the drum was still below the mouth. But, I have looked at them in a long long time, so maybe.
Thanks !
Let us know how it works if you go ahead with the project.

/ Cleaning Landscape Rock in Flower Beds #25  
Yes, please let us know if you find a solution. I have the same issue here in NM with dirt getting blown into the rock, essentially covering all of it!
I've tried hoeing it, then using water to try and wash it down.... nope!
Tried using high powered air and a radiator genie to blow it out.... nope!

I'm almost ready to just put mulch over the stone...and repeat...and repeat...

/ Cleaning Landscape Rock in Flower Beds
Yes, please let us know if you find a solution. I have the same issue here in NM with dirt getting blown into the rock, essentially covering all of it!
I've tried hoeing it, then using water to try and wash it down.... nope!
Tried using high powered air and a radiator genie to blow it out.... nope!

I'm almost ready to just put mulch over the stone...and repeat...and repeat...
Still searching for an "easy solution". So far I have a feed tub with 3/8 holes drilled in the bottom. Scoop it up, dump in and set on 2x4 frame I made over wheel barrow. Shake, dump back in. Very time consuming. Trying to clear some time to even think about a better solution.

/ Cleaning Landscape Rock in Flower Beds #27  
That's way too much labor for me ..... I almost think about this daily and have yet to think of anything easy... or faster!