Clean my deck, please.

/ Clean my deck, please. #1  

rja

Bronze Member
Tractor
L3000dt Kubota
Can anyone give me some advice on mower deck maintenance? I read in one of the posts that mixing diesel fuel with motor oil in a 75:25 ratio makes a good spray for the underside of the mower deck. This was done as a 'barrier' prior to mowing which allowed for an easier clean up. BRILLIANT ! (if it works...). Has any body done this? If so, does this mixture harm the painted surface? Are there other things that can be sprayed on instead of diesel fuel that might be a little more friendly to mother earth? Thanks for your ideas.

/ Clean my deck, please. #2  
Hey, rja, I just answered this one on the CTB./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird

/ Clean my deck, please.
I know, thanks. I post on both boards with the thought that some people may only surf just one or the other. I generally keep an eye on just two for example and I am sure that there are other boards out there.

/ Clean my deck, please. #4  
Has anyone ever tried Slip Plate paint on a mower deck or on the inside of a loader bucket? It is a graphite-based lubricating paint that’s supposed to let dirt, grass etc. fall off. They sell it at Tractor Supply and recommend it to put on plows to make the dirt slip off smoother.
http://www.tractorsupplyco.com/catalog/harvest/p176.htm
JerryG