Clarification on dual remotes on the rear

/ Clarification on dual remotes on the rear #1  

Richard

Elite Member
Tractor
International 1066 Full sized JCB Loader/Backhoe and a John Deere 430 to mow with
Current tractor has no remotes so I've never had experience with them.

Looking to buy a used tractor (Kubota). It has dual remotes on the back.

I'm a little confused on configurations.

We intend to put a flex wing mower behind tractor (don't have that yet either)

in a perfect world, I'd like one lever to raise/lower the left wing, another lever to raise/lower the right wing and a third lever to raise/lower deck height.

I'm guessing this setup would NOT allow that at all since the machine only has two levers. One would have to be for both wings (simultaneously) and the other lever for deck height, correct??

Would there be enough parts here to make it a "3-way" where I could do as described above??

Attachments

• Remotes.jpg
    Remotes.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 175
   / Clarification on dual remotes on the rear #2  
You would have to add a third SCV (remote) to the tractor,
or, couple the hoses to both wings together,
or, put a 4-way valve on the tractor. Run the hoses from the SCV to the 4-way, then from the 4-way to the wings. This will work pretty well on open station tractors, but is a royal pain on a cab tractor, due to all the extra plumbing.

/ Clarification on dual remotes on the rear #3  
Or a splitter such as a Fasse valve to provide three circuits from your 2 remotes.

/ Clarification on dual remotes on the rear #4  
The Fasse is a fancy diverter that is specifically set up for SCV remotes. You can get less expensive diverter (see surplusscenter or discounthydraulichose) and make your own bracket for the four sets of remotes.

/ Clarification on dual remotes on the rear #5  
Yepper plumb in a third valve and QDs.

/ Clarification on dual remotes on the rear #6  
You can "stack" those QD housings using longer bolts similar to the way it's done on other Kubotas:

P1050628a.jpg

Different mounting location but it's the same principle.

Adding the third valve can get expensive. Using a diverter would be cheaper but a little more awkward to operate.

/ Clarification on dual remotes on the rear #7  
Does it have fel? If so you should be able to use those ports also. May not be as convenient but sure cost less.

/ Clarification on dual remotes on the rear #8  
Good advice so far.

My tractor has 3 remotes and I plumbed my batwing to lift each wind separately. Very, very handy. It'll be worth doing.

/ Clarification on dual remotes on the rear
Does it have fel? If so you should be able to use those ports also. May not be as convenient but sure cost less.

No it doesn't. That's a mixed thought here too.....as a loader would have some benefits (though I've already got a JCB so I won't miss it on this machine and it can be a simple "lawn mower" HA!)