CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #131  
I have to wonder if the first dealer demos the tractors until they start making noise, then sells them as new?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #132  
You know - this entire post could easily be a Halloween scary/fright story. I'm logged on and hope for a happy conclusion.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Update to the saga. Stopped by the "good" dealer shop today to view the tractor and get up dates on the situation. The entire front axle is full of metal shavings. one of the front hubs has (2) huge chunks out of it...see pic:

20231122_103914.jpg

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Dealer advised that there is a new "heavy duty" front hub assembly that now includes the "heavy duty" C Clips and that this tractor had those from the factory...older units do not. Nonetheless, as the pic shows, 1 of our front hubs has a huge issue as the pic shows.

They are going to do all they can to get as many of the shavings out as they can, replace both front hubs and then try to see why the front drive shaft feels so "loose" in the front diff. (when they move it by hand it is loose and "bangs" around.)

This is a "real" tractor service shop. They had at least a dozen different very large tractors in for work..interestingly 9 out of the 12 were JD. They also had a full semi tractor and grain trailer in for work and some other farm implements. 6 full time tractor mechanics hard at it.

When we got there they immediately took us to the back and had the tech that was working on the tractor show us all the parts, answer all the questions etc. He did his best to explain what was going on. He and the owner are at a bit of a loss to explain where all the shavings in the front axle came from, but they are committed to getting it all fixed and back to us, hopefully within a couple more weeks.

The good news is that TYM agreed to stand behind it yesterday after the dealer submitted the warranty claim with pics etc.

They have sold 18 TYM tractors since they became a dealer about 16 months ago and have not had any factory issues. this one has them scratching their head a bit, but I have full confidence that we are now working with the right people to get everything taken care of.

One other issue that cropped up just the day before they came to pick it up, the "B" set of rear hydraulic implements have a leak. they are going to replace the O rings on that and hopefully solve that irritating issue.

Hard to believe all of this on a tractor with just a few hours, but I guess someone has to get the lemons and apparently it was our turn.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #135  
Wow, glad they are sorting it. That looks terrible

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #136  
Still wonder what the IA dealer may have done.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #137  
Still wonder what the IA dealer may have done.
Maybe they adjusted the hydraulic pressure too high and caused the issue. :rolleyes:

I would have to send the that picture and ask how the hydraulics created this problem as they claimed.

I am glad the OP has a good dealer now. They should get him up and running and he will have a good tractor moving forward.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #139  
That's awesome news, I'm so happy to hear that this dealer is working hard to take care of you and your father. How is he feeling now that you guys have someone in your corner?

This tractor is going to get right for him, it's just real foolish that it wasn't that way from the start. Want to give a shout out to the helpful dealer? I think they've earned having their name mentioned.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #140  
Update to the saga. Stopped by the "good" dealer shop today to view the tractor and get up dates on the situation. The entire front axle is full of metal shavings. one of the front hubs has (2) huge chunks out of it...see pic:

View attachment 833407
Wondering what caused that triangular shaped hole?