CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #71  
I am very sorry that you are going through this. I hope they make this right quickly.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
thanks 2 many....we wait...for the techs sick kid to get better so he can go back to work. appreciate the heads up on the lack of indicator

Are you ready for this? they say the clanging is the hydralics and is "normal"...they want us to pay $3000 for the pickup and return.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #75  
I'm struggling to think of how it's even remotely possible for a hydraulic system to clang considering it's all fluid transfer unless the has dealer lost his marbles and they got trapped in the system.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #76  
Are you ready for this? they say the clanging is the hydralics and is "normal"...they want us to pay $3000 for the pickup and return.
You got to be kidding! I would demand my money back or a new tractor. They obviously don't have any mechanics that know what they are doing. I would call corporate and if they want do anything for you get your attorney. I'd rather pay 3k for attorney than 3k for them to return a broken tractor. I hope your dad is doing good and I wouldn't tell him all the trouble they are giving you because it will be stressful for him and he doesn't need it. I'd do whatever it takes to get a new tractor of any brand asap even if TYM isn't settled. That way your dad's final days will be happy. Keep us posted. Your family is in my prayers.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #77  
What the?!

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #78  
Now it is time to demand your money back or they upgrade you to the 4820C. But no way do you take that tractor back. You need the regional service guy involved as well.

@Asteral can you help locate a regional for @flyinghigh? Dealer is located in IA.

Also, did you tell them they can lift the front up and turn the tires by hand and hear the noise with the tractor off? How can the hydraulics make noise with the tractor off?

Last edited:
They test drove 3 new tractors on the lot and they all make the same noise...and the tech admits you can feel every "clang" in the steering wheel...he even sent recordings of all (3) tractors...none are as loud as ours, but they all do it. I don't know what TYM is doing in the front end of these, but I have never heard nor experienced anything like it in any vehicle before.

They say all these noises are "just the way these tractors are now"

They dont sell branson at all...just TYM

I have reached out to corp multiple ways and never receive a response.

Thanks for the prayers and responses.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #80  
To anyone else, this is why you shop the dealer as much as the tractor. Also, for goodness sake, buy local, not 8 hours away if you are buying a new machine.