CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #51  
Well, if TYM is junk? Then you will have to expect a certain level of quality by Kubota for QUITE a lot more money. I'm sorry but I think this was a result of a bad dealer screwing you over. I've 425h with no issues on my T474, not even a regen request in these 3+ years. Hope you end up with a satisfactory solution for yourself in the end without losing $$$.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #52  
Thanks for all the input guys. OK, will keep the attorney out of it for the moment. Will start looking for transport. Will NEVER do business with RDO...you talk about crooked and arrogant. I was a vendor for them 2 years ago at a previous job and they were absolutely horrible to work with. Unfortunately most all the JD dealers around here are the same. They have you over a barrel and they know it.

5030...very interesting the super expensive kubotas have the same parts and design in that front diff area.

I started looking at kubota last night as a possible replacement if we can get our $ back on this one somehow. We would have to drop down from 47hp to 25 hp to the lowest price cab model they have would still be $5000 more...to get the same HP and features in kubota is literally 2x as much...so, do you have a TYM or a Kubota yourself and what are your thoughts on 1 vs the other? Sounds like they are built the same.
Have you checked out a massey? I have a Massey baler and I must say that the first look at their tractors bumped them up enough if I was looking for another tractor I'd probably look there. Supply chain of spare parts for them is my biggest fear.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
tractor....thanks. I was really hoping that would be our experience as well. I did tell my dad when we were getting ready to do the deal "you know it is always possible we might get a lemon, at least with the century/branson we know what we have." We could get a lemon with kubota or any of them for that matter. The risk of moving to something different than the old proven machine in the shed is there no matter what.

My dad just had his heart so dead set on owning 1 thing brand new in his life before he passed, I could not tell him no. (he has never even had a new car, bike or anything...always used) so when he wanted that to be a tractor, I had to do my best to try. He has been on daily chemo for a long time and is slipping fast now. That is the other factor...we don't have a lot of time left to make this dream a reality. It's just horrible that it has turned into this nightmare.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #54  
You might want to write this in a mail to the dealer and the regional rep too, stating the facts and why you bought this tractor. I would want them to come and pick this unit up with a new one on board or a full refund of your monies and shipping back to them.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck
Thanks Karl, I put this back story in an email and sent it to the dealer just now. He reached right back out to thank me for the information and then again a few minutes later to advise they are coming to get it N/C and get it back to their shop where they can figure out what is going on.

No timeline yet for pickup but at least they are talking about it now.

So, some progress being made

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #56  
Excellent - sometimes the soft side approach gets results - glad it got this moving. Also you are without a tractor - and the truck is making the trip anyway, request a demo/loaner tractor w/ cab so your dad can enjoy...

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #57  
Thanks Karl, I put this back story in an email and sent it to the dealer just now. He reached right back out to thank me for the information and then again a few minutes later to advise they are coming to get it N/C and get it back to their shop where they can figure out what is going on.

No timeline yet for pickup but at least they are talking about it now.

So, some progress being made
Really glad to hear this flying.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #58  
Excellent - sometimes the soft side approach gets results - glad it got this moving. Also you are without a tractor - and the truck is making the trip anyway, request a demo/loaner tractor w/ cab so your dad can enjoy...
That is a great idea. Unless you are dead set on a refund and different equipment entirely (and it's perfectly understandable if you are).

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #59  
Flying,

If you lived closer, I'd let you (and your Dad) come play with mine (tractor-in case that wording got too awkward).

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #60  
so, do you have a TYM or a Kubota yourself and what are your thoughts on 1 vs the other? Sounds like they are built the same.
Been 100% Kubota for a long time. In fact, my 2 M9000 large frame utility tractors are the 10th and 11th Kubota's I've owned and I've really never had any major issues with any of them either. Keep in mind that Kubota is still offering 0 percent interest in select models. 4000 and 6500 hours on them farming, speaks for itself.

I live in JD country and I tell all the producers around here that I'm 'color blind'

What you really need to do is get on the Tractor House website and look at late model used Kubota's, which is exactly how I bought my open station Kubota. I am fortunate that my dealer treats it like I bought it there and always has but then being a part time employee does allow me some latitude.

Don't have a clue where you live at but if you lived nearby, I'd 100% recommend my dealer. The owner is a farmer just like me and everyone in the shop farms as well.

Very up front people which is probably why they sell a ton of machines.