CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #12  
Thanks guys. It does it in 4 or 2 wheel. Only when moving, but it is defiantly iron on iron hitting something. Checked the front diff fluid it is fine. It will be interesting to see what kind of service the dealer has as he is 5 hours away.
Maybe check for loose lug nuts as well. We see them come loose on new tractors all the time.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #13  
Thanks guys. It does it in 4 or 2 wheel. Only when moving, but it is defiantly iron on iron hitting something. Checked the front diff fluid it is fine. It will be interesting to see what kind of service the dealer has as he is 5 hours away.
Wow 5 hours away from the dealer you bought it from ? Are there any other TYM dealers located a little closer to you ?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #14  
Another thread with obvious contradictions in it. Got my popcorn all made and sitting back reading.

My first question right out of the gate would be, do you have an owners manual and did you even bother reading it?

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #15  
OP,

This is exactly what warranties are for. I'd just have the dealer pick it up and fix it. Then they can deliver it when it's done. Definitely something broken in the front differential. I wouldn't mess with it, they can fix it on their dime.

This is NOT a common thing, even among import tractors.

And there's no way the dealer "checks them out" (dyno testing? B.S.) for 8 hours before they sell them. Someone else had that tractor and probably returned it. Tell the dealer you're coming to watch them "dyno test" one of their new tractors. Just to see how fast he stammers and what excuse he comes up with as to why you can't (i.e. someone "broke" the dyno, and they're "waiting for parts", etc).

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #16  
Never heard of ANY dealer 'dyno testing' any supposedly new tractor. My Kubota dealer owns one and it's only employed when there has been sone engine work done to check everything out.

Sounds to me like this dealer is not being up front at all and most likely the tractor was sold and returned and now this dealer is trying to divest himself of a 'bad apple'.

Stuff like front axle issues don't happen out of the blue. They are caused by abuse.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #17  
The dealer is full of BS. 8 hours of run time to "check it out'? That is a full day of operation. Mine arrived new with about 2 hours. The dealer has no reason to dyno a new tractor... The more they mess with it, the more opportunities they have to damage it before sale.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #18  
I'm not sure there was even an hour on my new L2501 when it was delivered. 8 hours???? Dyno testing????

IMO, you're lucky if a dealer even checks the fluids before delivery.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #19  
MO, you're lucky if a dealer even checks the fluids before delivery.
You said a mouthfull there. 2 Kubota's ago I checked the front axle fluid level and it was really low. Something I do when I take delivery of any new piece of equipment. I check everything including the lug nuts on all the wheels before I even put ANY tractor to work.

My dealer is pretty good about that stuff anyway and the Kubota I purchased didn't come from him anyway. It came from another local dealer I don't do business with now.

Kubota likes to run their SUDT fluid in the front axles which I immediately drain and replace with 85-140 GL4-5 gear oil. SUDT is good for the transmission but in a front axle, not in my wheelhouse.

/ CLANGING in the front diff of brand new T494....what the heck #20  
This is known issue on 494/574. Take it to dealer before your wheel falls off.
Quite of few reports of this on the internet, main reason I got 4820 instead of the 494.