Buying Advice Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ?

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #11  
I have a set too for my small tractor.

We used to talk extensively about these clamp on forks years ago here on TBN.

Many manufacturers like Deere would have loader lift specs in the accompanying manuals showing ratings at different like pivot point or at the bucket edge. Using clamp on forks does reduce the lifting capacity considerably. Especially on smaller tractor.

Get then sized right for machine no use going overkill and getting heavier/longer ones than you really need.

Yup they can dent the bucket some at the contact points with some heavy lifting if you are overdoing it. A metal pad to strengthen and distribute the pressure is a pretty good idea.

Some people have trouble keeping them snug and from moving around. Some manufacture even offered a brace to connect between them I once seen..

We have the SS quick tach style for JD 4320 at work. Nice...but even with them we quickly found the limits :D

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #12  
I have used them. The clamp on makes divots in your bucket. They also Scissor, and going backwards if you drag the ground, they can come off. All said and done, they are better than nothing. They are useful, they just aren't great. If you don't have SSQA and have very low need for forks, well yeah, they may satisfy your needs. I like my SSQA forks much better.:) Different strokes for different folks.

/ Clamp on pallet forks. Has anyone tried them ? #13  
I have clamp on also, had to lift my backhoe off my truck, bucket is fine.