Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing?

/ Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing? #21  
I have the Titan screw / bolt on receiver, looks exactly like the one you have and was having the same problem. I also ordered the BX Expanded tooth bar for the bucket, Got lazy and just put the bolt on receiver right over the tooth bar and Wala! the teeth on either side stopped the Sidways movement and now it works perfect. Just a thought!

/ Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing? #22  
Can't explain why it doesn't work As-Is but I think a quick fix from it rotating would be to buy a small U Bolt for holding Leaf Springs from a trailer place. Drill to holes in your bucket close to the very end of this hitch... Right where the clamping mechanism is. That should stop the shifting. Drop the U Bolt over that tail end, thru the fresh drilled holes and finger tighten the nuts... Should be a quick attaching process.

Last edited:
   / Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing? #23  
Y-not use the ball hitch on the back of the tractor! :D Mine is right below the top link in between the lower link arms.

/ Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing? #24  
Y-not use the ball hitch on the back of the tractor! :D Mine is right below the top link in between the lower link arms.
not the OP but for me:
- Main reason, I don't have to take off the backhoe which I use frequently and also as a ballast
- I can see better with it on the front
- Easier to steer in a tight spot

/ Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing? #25  
I have a clamp on receiver that I'd like to use to move my cargo trailer and 2 horse trailer. It hasn't gone well when I've used it. No matter how tight I clamp it, it promptly slides around in use. What could I be missing? There is literally just one screw clamp and I would have thought it was idiot proof. Apparently it isn't and it's making an idiot out of me. Anyone have a suggestion? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. It is very tight prior to use. I can't move it by hand. Horse trailer is super light Brenderup 2 horse. Haven't even tried the tandem axle cargo trailer.
Bolt a receiver or ball onto the bucket.. a clamp will simply not work for most of what you want to do.

/ Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing? #26  
I drill a dimple into the bucket metal where the screw goes down. Don't go all the way through the bucket metal. Keeps the screw head from moving when really tightened down and markedly reduces the amount the ball can shift.

/ Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing?
Because I don't want to drop the backhoe to move a trailer. It is also easier to see pushing a trailer.

/ Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing? #29  
IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

Have a Titan clamp on receiver only used once. Like the more secure type particularly with a loaded trailer.

/ Clamp on hitch receiver, whatam I missing? #30  
I have a clamp on receiver that I'd like to use to move my cargo trailer and 2 horse trailer. It hasn't gone well when I've used it. No matter how tight I clamp it, it promptly slides around in use. What could I be missing? There is literally just one screw clamp and I would have thought it was idiot proof. Apparently it isn't and it's making an idiot out of me. Anyone have a suggestion? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. It is very tight prior to use. I can't move it by hand. Horse trailer is super light Brenderup 2 horse. Haven't even tried the tandem axle cargo trailer.
As far as your hitch issue, have you thought about using a 3ph receiver hitch? I use one of those and it works extremely well, and you can still adjust the height - I think palletforks.com (Titan) has them for ~$100-150, just supply your own ball & insert.

When I first got a smaller tractor for the wife, I tried a couple of clamp on items to save some $$ (forks, hitch & root/stump digger). Unfortunately, none of these could be tightened down enough to keep them from turning/swaying on the bucket - chains, come-alongs etc helped a little, but didn't help "completely" either.

I bought all three of these as a package deal or I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have picked up another clamp-on anything. I've since replaced all three with either SSQA (forks & stump digger) or 3ph versions (hitch).

I just realized you have a backhoe, Titan also makes an SSQA version receiver hitch as well as a version that attaches to a pallet fork for ~$65 (if the fork isn't a clamp on type it should work well). If that doesn't work for you, and if you have a SSQA pallet fork, you could just blow a hole in the end of one of the forks that will fit a ball.

Last edited: