CK3520SE vs CK3510SE

/ CK3520SE vs CK3510SE #1  

jeremyfxdwg

Tractor
John Deere 2520
From my research it seems like the only difference between the 3520SE and the 3510SE is the loader joystick and the LED headlights / hood / grill. I found a year old 3510se with 50hrs on it for about $4k less than a 3520se that i was planning on buying. Just confirming I am not giving up anything else that I am missing. I am also assuming we will be able to buy the new loader joystick at some point as a spare part. (Does anyone happen to know that part number?)

/ CK3520SE vs CK3510SE #2  
Doesn't seem to be much differences between the 10's and 20's almost no practical differences.
I've been told that the joy stick connector is not a standard connector.
I'm looking at the CK2620SE HST Cab.

/ CK3520SE vs CK3510SE #3  
As Lou said, there is no practical difference between them, and I can't answer the question regarding the loader control. I can say that I'm glad I purchased my CK2610 instead of waiting for the CK20's, the updates just don't justify the extra cost to me. That said, I have W.R. Long 3rd function, and it's been great, and came recommended by the dealer over the CK10's factory 3rd function kit.

/ CK3520SE vs CK3510SE #4  
Like most tractor headlights, they're sorta useless if you have a bucket up in the way, but I have to say that when not blocked, the new LED headlights (both high and low beams - the 20's actually have high/low positions) are noticeably brighter than the 3510's halogens.

As to the joystick, do you believe you might someday want to install a 3rd function kit on the 3510? (or are you planning to do so now?) If either is the case, are you OCD? Will wiring for the two buttons that is not hidden in the 3510's joystick tube bother you? The wiring on the 3520 joystick is completely inside the joystick and is not visible. Your call; $4k is not insignificant.

If you are not planning on installing a 3rd function kit now, I'd suggest reconsidering that. It is less costly to install a 3rd function kit at time of purchase, while the tractor is already apart during setup (i.e., cheaper than an install later, which requires disassembling the tractor to get to the hydraulic fittings on the axle housing. My dealer only charged $300 for the install, which in my mind is pretty good as it is rather involved -- not hard, just time consuming. I had intended to do it myself, but he mentioned that a me-installed kit likely would not be covered by Kioti under warranty.

One other thing about the joystick: on my 3520 cab (not sure about the open 3520), there is third additional button on the left side of the knob that allows you to momentarily raise the engine rpm to handle a high load, without having to leave the manual throttle at full tilt all the time.

HTH!

/ CK3520SE vs CK3510SE #5  
Like most tractor headlights, they're sorta useless if you have a bucket up in the way, but I have to say that when not blocked, the new LED headlights (both high and low beams - the 20's actually have high/low positions) are noticeably brighter than the 3510's halogens.

As to the joystick, do you believe you might someday want to install a 3rd function kit on the 3510? (or are you planning to do so now?) If either is the case, are you OCD? Will wiring for the two buttons that is not hidden in the 3510's joystick tube bother you? The wiring on the 3520 joystick is completely inside the joystick and is not visible. Your call; $4k is not insignificant.

If you are not planning on installing a 3rd function kit now, I'd suggest reconsidering that. It is less costly to install a 3rd function kit at time of purchase, while the tractor is already apart during setup (i.e., cheaper than an install later, which requires disassembling the tractor to get to the hydraulic fittings on the axle housing. My dealer only charged $300 for the install, which in my mind is pretty good as it is rather involved -- not hard, just time consuming. I had intended to do it myself, but he mentioned that a me-installed kit likely would not be covered by Kioti under warranty.

One other thing about the joystick: on my 3520 cab (not sure about the open 3520), there is third additional button on the left side of the knob that allows you to momentarily raise the engine rpm to handle a high load, without having to leave the manual throttle at full tilt all the time.

HTH!
I just got my CK4020SE on the 27th, no third button for the power up on the ROPS version. I would very much like to add it in the future.

Also I did get the dealer installed third function kit installed, works well, but I'm not as impressed as i would have been if they had run hard lines up the boom. I expect the sleeves on the soft lines are going to scuff up the hood, and eventually wear through to the hoses.