CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL --

/ CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL -- #1  

Mark N

Tractor
CK3520SEHSTCAB
Hi, all -- I'm checking in before I call my dealer to see whether this issue has come up before (I did search, with no success):

I'm up to ~25 hours on my new CK3520. Typically I run it at a minimum of 1500 rpm, and usually it is operating higher (linked pedal mode if transiting to someplace; linked pedal turned off if under load (e.g., moving mulch around, dragging a land plane) so rpm held well above 2000 rpm). No regen events yet.

I went out to run the tractor, and after it started the check engine light came on, with DTC codes 884 and F26 displayed. I disconnected the battery cable for a couple hours to see whether these were volatile codes that would clear, but no change -- 884 and F26 are still present. Also, engine speed now will not go over 2200 rpm.

Any idea what the codes are?

Thanks for any suggestions!

/ CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL -- #2  
* edited due to incorrect info *

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230717_022051_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230717_022051_Drive.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
   / CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL -- #3  
Hi, all -- I'm checking in before I call my dealer to see whether this issue has come up before (I did search, with no success):

I'm up to ~25 hours on my new CK3520. Typically I run it at a minimum of 1500 rpm, and usually it is operating higher (linked pedal mode if transiting to someplace; linked pedal turned off if under load (e.g., moving mulch around, dragging a land plane) so rpm held well above 2000 rpm). No regen events yet.

I went out to run the tractor, and after it started the check engine light came on, with DTC codes 884 and F26 displayed. I disconnected the battery cable for a couple hours to see whether these were volatile codes that would clear, but no change -- 884 and F26 are still present. Also, engine speed now will not go over 2200 rpm.

Any idea what the codes are?

Thanks for any suggestions!
That code is a Crankshaft Position Sensor fault. You can check the plug on the sensor, but probably want to contact your dealer with the fault code. They can take it from there. Besides making sure the sensor is plugged in, not much you would be able to do.

Hope this helps

/ CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL -- #4  
That code is a Crankshaft Position Sensor fault. You can check the plug on the sensor, but probably want to contact your dealer with the fault code. They can take it from there. Besides making sure the sensor is plugged in, not much you would be able to do.

Hope this helps
Not questioning you because I'm sure you have the right answer... But am I reading my PDF incorrectly then? Thanks

/ CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL -- #5  
Not questioning you because I'm sure you have the right answer... But am I reading my PDF incorrectly then? Thanks
DTC 884 / F26 is a Crank Position Sensor Fault. See page 12-232 on your Fault Code Chart. At the beginning of the Fault Code (PG 12-220 )section is instructions on how to read the fault Codes.

/ CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL -- #6  
Thank you!

/ CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL --
Thank you all for the help! Unfortunately, my 3520 Owner's Manual does not have such a table, but it appears that Michigan Iron is on the right track (glad I purchased my 3-pt top and tilt hydraulics kit from you!). Over the phone my dealer's technician came up with the same potentially-the-crank sensor diagnosis from the codes.

The tractor is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow; I'll update when the problem is resolved.

Reporting back: I stopped by the dealer today (Friday), after the tractor was picked up Monday morning and then not hearing anything this week. The tractor sat a couple days, and on Wednesday they did the diagnostics. The problem was confirmed to be the crank position sensor. The sensor was replaced today. I should get the tractor back on Monday.

Final report. The tractor is back, seems to be running fine after the crank position sensor replacement. $175 flat bed round trip fee (~25 miles each way). I'm not thrilled about Kioti not covering the transport fee resulting from their essentially brand-new tractor failing, but I guess that's the industry norm. Overall, glad to have the CK back so I/we can get back to using it.

/ CK3520SE Cab - 25 hrs and now a CEL -- #10  
Thread bump.

Ck3510SE open station, 255hrs. Ran it last weekend for a bit to move some logs and no issues. Calling for snow (finally) so I went to swap the grapple for the plow.

Started and warmed up, shut it down to connect hydraulics and when I started up CEL was on. I think the code was 884/F26 but didn't copy it down and didn't run it to see if rpm topped out.

My brain went to water in the fuel, and I did drain what looked like a water blob. Started back up and CEL was out. Ran it long enough to put it back in the shed.

How screwed am I going to be plowing tomorrow?