CK3510SE Radiator "rotten"

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #1  

Duble-A

Tractor
Kioti Ck3510SE HST
hello all,

I have looked through a number of threads and haven't found one re: this problem-

Kioti CK3510SE Hst, bought February or 2020, nearly a year ago I had my local dealer check out coolant weeping from what looked like the lower rad. Dealer said "no problem, just a loose hose clamp". that didn't sit with me. The coolant wasn't coming from anywhere near the hose indicated. Fast forward to this winter and I had a F20 code and a CEL come on. CEL and F20 came on occaisionally and would go out. Turned out to be a pooched DPF sensor. While it was in the shop I asked them to again check out the coolant leak. Unfortunately, all they did was tell me "yup, you've got a leak" that will be $800 for the rad ++. Pissed off, I took my tractor home and took the rad out myself and took it to a rad shop. They told me it was unfixable due to the rad being 'rotten' in the 2 spots it was leaking. There was NO damage to rad. It isn't covered by warranty

Has anyone experienced the rad going so ridiculously fast?

Does anyone know if this $800 rad comes with the frame the old one is attached to (w/o any apparent way to re and re)??
How about the actual part #?

Thanks in advance for any useful information.

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten"
I got the rad removed from frame...

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #3  
Why is it rotted road salt, battery acid.....

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #4  
If the radiator shop is any good, they can recore it. And I would think for a lot less than $800.

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #5  
Modern rads with plastic top and bottom tanks are not rebuildable as the top and bottom cores are hermetically welded to the HX fins.

Interesting you have a 'rotten rad' Never had that issue on either of my M9's and they are 2002 and 2000 respectively but then I flush and refill them with coolant regularly and I keep them clean and free from debris too.

Radiators don't just 'rot' for no reason, I'd say you aren't telling the entire story.

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #6  
If the radiator shop is any good, they can recore it. And I would think for a lot less than $800.
Like I said if the top and bottom tanks are plastic (as most are today), they cannot be recored because the top and bottom tanks are hermetically sealed to the core.

Since my dealer didn't/wouldn't remove the rad to see what the issue was, I did. Then I took it to a reputable rad shop in hopes they could repair for far less than $800. They were the ones that informed me there was no damage done (i.e stick into rad) and that they couln't fix it because it was rotten with nothing to fix, he could feel the air rushing out when pressurized. I was hoping for some damage I might be able to fix on the 'plastic'. My "why" got "because everything is made cheaply these days". Never have I ever, had to replace a rad in ANY vehicle I have ever owned... and I've lost count of the number of P.O.S's I've had through the years...

I have done all necessary maintenance and preventative maintenance. I too, am baffled as to why this has happened. Although I also wonder why I've had to replace axle seals on both sides twice... with one side needing it again. I believe I have the "built on a friday afternoon" model.

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #9  
Why is it rotted road salt, battery acid.....
The battery acid issue is a real one. Either by leaking or the off gassing and the fumes going right through the radiator at that area.

/ CK3510SE Radiator "rotten" #10  
I'm still baffled how a radiator could ROT that fast.
Something caused it.