CK30HST 2005 will not start

/ CK30HST 2005 will not start #1  

glenippy

Hi Everyone,
I want to thank you before I even post :)

My 2005 CK30HST will not start - Things I've done to troubleshoot!

1). I replaced the ingnition switch ( its been broken for a few year's I used the stop knob to shut down the tractor )
2). I have white smoke coming from the exhaust ( This means I'm getting fuel?)
3). the glow plug light on th instrament panel lights
4). Fuel looks clean and not gummed up
5). Tractor ran well 3 months ago

Could it be the stop solenoid or glow plug relay?

Thank you,

Last edited:
   / CK30HST 2005 will not start #2  
By this post and your other, it seems you are getting fuel. White smoke in the exhaust, hopefully in your case, is probably unburned fuel pushed into the exhaust and at worst, a blown head gasket letting water in the cylinders. Sitting three months shouldn't hurt the engine unless your antifreeze couldn't handle the cold temps and you said the fuel looks good after this time. I would check the current to the glow plugs. Disconnect one wire from a glow plug and check voltage. Should be 12 volts or you can use a car bulb to see if any current at all. Those glow plug relays have gone bad from members other posts. Just because the dash light is on doesn't necessarily mean the glow plugs are getting current. Here's a diagram of all the relays and "A" is the glow plug relay: wire diagram relays.jpg The electric stop solenoid just pushes back the fuel cut off lever the same as the shut off knob cable pulls it back. If the lever is forward, then fuel is on and back for cutting off the fuel. You can check the solenoid by putting 12 volts to it and seeing if the shaft moves. #1 in the diagram should be the timer relay for the soleniod. If you didn't want to use the solenoid, the shut off knob would work. What is your serial number? The parts manual shows two versions of this timer relay with both serial numbers starting with an "E" that indicates 2005 year. Kioti must have made a change mid year.

/ CK30HST 2005 will not start
Its running it was the glow plug relay.

Thank you so much for your help

/ CK30HST 2005 will not start #4  
That's good it's running again. Don't know where you reside but maybe just in time for more snow. If I had to guess without checking the fuel shut off soleniod, I'd bet on that timer relay.