CK30 Throttle

/ CK30 Throttle #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Am I the only one that finds the throttle a bit stiff? No problem decreasing RPMs, I can do so quite smoothly and no great effort, but increasing is quite another story. It's like the lever is stuck, reqiring much greater pressure than to decrease. Often times, I'll even use two hands, but still don't get a smooth increase. Thoughts anyone? BTW, only 66 hours, but lovin it.

David

/ CK30 Throttle #2  
I don't have this problem on my CK20. However, I do have that problem on my diesel powered boat sometimes. I don't know if Kioti uses some sort of clamp on the throttle cable to control tension. That is one thing to check for and loosen it a bit. Unfortunately I am at home protected from 16 degree weather and 70 miles from my tractor so cannot check this directly. So, "lucky you live Hawaii" even if your throttle cable is misbehaving.

PS. Looks like you are north of Hilo near Akaka Falls. Wonderful area. I have visited many times as I used to live in Kailua (Oahu) and still have family there.

/ CK30 Throttle #3  
Mine is pretty stiff, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

/ CK30 Throttle #4  
I had to laugh.....sorry /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My throttle lever is stiff also. The older tractor I sold was about the same, (same type of lever, diesel, etc..). I like it that way.

/ CK30 Throttle #5  
Mine is stiff going up and easier going down. It is so stiff that bumping it by hand just flexes the lever and I need to apply a steady force to get the rpms up a bit. The good news is that the throttle does not need to be messed with much on the HST. Set and forget, and too stiff beats too sloppy any day.

/ CK30 Throttle #6  
My throttle lever is stiff as well. But I suppose that it should be somewhat. I mean you would really be upset if every time that you went over a bump the lever drifted back down to the lowest setting. If it's as stiff as you descibe maybe a little penatrating oil like WD-40 or PB Blaster might help loosen it a little. I know I had to hit all of my linkages with PB Blaster because the tractor was so hard to shift ranges and especially in and out of 4wd.
And actually it still is... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ CK30 Throttle #7  
Uh, I guess I shoulda been more specific. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CK30 Throttle #8  
Mine throttle actually slips a little. It won't hold very high RPM's and keeps slipping down about 500-600 RPM's, I have had to hold in place with bungy cords.

/ CK30 Throttle #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My throttle lever is stiff as well. But I suppose that it should <font color="blue"> </font> . I mean you would really be upset if every time that you went over a bump the lever drifted back down to the lowest setting. If it's as stiff as you describe maybe a little penetrating oil like WD-40 or PB Blaster might help loosen it a little. I know I had to hit all of my linkages with PB Blaster because the tractor was so hard to shift ranges and especially in and out of 4wd.
And actually it still is... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

Ditto: My CK30 HST is just about the same. Getting in and out of four wheel drive really takes some effort.

/ CK30 Throttle #10  
My throttle's a little stiff to /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but that's because I adjusted it that way. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There is an adjustment nut on the end of the throttle on the underside of the dashboard. You can increase or decrease the pressure on the friction washer to customize the resistance against the throttle handle.

If the 4 wheel drive is not engaging I'll release and reapply the clutch pedal or slightly tap the hydro pedal. It's also been said lifting the front wheels off the ground, releasing the pressure off the front axle will allow 4 wheel drive to engage easier.

Don