CK2610 3pt leak down fixed

/ CK2610 3pt leak down fixed #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
My 2610's 3pt hitch would leak down pretty fast. After running the tractor for a while and getting the hyd oil hot, with a heavy implement on the 3pt hitch you could sit and watch it pulse up and down as it would drop down and the position control would return it to where it was supposed to be about every 2 seconds.

I closed the speed control valve under the seat, shut the engine off, and it would sit there and creak away every couple seconds as it would continue dropping down.

I talked with the nearest dealer in Knightdale, NC (The Tractor Place) since the small dealer I bought the tractor from in Mebane closed down. Here was their reply, LMAO:

My name is Gary Mize and I discussed the problem with Tray Hinnant
service . We would need your tractor here to find out the problem. Most
of the time it is where the valve between your legs has been messed
with. We are about 4 weeks out and will try to work it in as best we can.

So they blame the problem on me adjusting the speed control valve and it would take a month before they could get it looked at. I wrote these guys off immediately.

I couldn't find a shop manual on this tractor to see the hydraulic circuit diagram so I had to do some looking myself.

I was curious about the positioning of the relief valve in the hydraulic circuit. Maybe it was partially stuck open? I removed it and found that it is located in between the speed control valve and the cylinder for the 3pt arms, as would make sense to protect from overpressure even if the speed control valve was completely closed. Turns out the back-up ring was installed incorrectly (see where it is with the green arrow in the picture), and the rubber o-ring was by itself and didn't have the necessary support of the back-up ring and fluid would bypass the o-ring causing the hitch to leak down. I'm unsure if the backup ring is supposed to have the split in it for installation purposes, or if mine is broken, but I just moved it down next to the o-ring where it's supposed to be (blue arrow) and... problem solved. Glad I didn't have to pull the whole lift arm assembly. I looked on MIE's parts diagram and it shows the relief valve (Parts Finder Michigan Iron & Equipment Morrice, MI (855) 265-459), but no o-rings or backup rings, so I'm not sure where I could get a replacement just to have around in the future if my backup ring is actually broken and it leaks again.

6tNZE1zl.jpeg

Attachments

• 6tNZE1z.jpeg
    6tNZE1z.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 134
   / CK2610 3pt leak down fixed #2  
Good information. My 2610 leaks down also. I'll have to do some digging and line following to check mine also.

/ CK2610 3pt leak down fixed
Good information. My 2610 leaks down also. I'll have to do some digging and line following to check mine also.

Yeah mines been doing fine since, left the 3pt all the way up and it took about 2 days to leak down with land leveller on it. Good enough for me!

/ CK2610 3pt leak down fixed #4  
OP, Thanks for documenting this!

/ CK2610 3pt leak down fixed #5  
That is a standard back up ring. They have that beveled split in them for assembly.
Sometimes people don’t get the beveled ends to overlap correctly and that can cause problems as well.