CK25 Died, Won't Start - Help with diagnosis/troubleshooting

/ CK25 Died, Won't Start - Help with diagnosis/troubleshooting #1  

MTUser

Bronze Member
While moving in the yard, the my 07 CK25 slowly lost power and died. It wouldn't restart. It turns over fine. For troubleshooting, I removed my fuel filter to check fuel. The fuel pump works in the sense it will slowly fill the bowl. If I use a little starting fluid, it runs for a short while. I believe this indicates I have a fuel problem. I am wondering if it is the fuel pump not producing enough pressure? Any help with diagnosing or troubleshooting appreciated.

/ CK25 Died, Won't Start - Help with diagnosis/troubleshooting #2  
Make sure your fuel solenoid is working.

/ CK25 Died, Won't Start - Help with diagnosis/troubleshooting
Make sure your fuel solenoid is working.
Thanks for the help. I have 12v to the engine stop solenoid. When I supply 12v to one pin and ground the other solenoid pin it does not retract. I am guessing I have a bad solenoid and have ordered a replacement. IMG_2550.jpeg

/ CK25 Died, Won't Start - Help with diagnosis/troubleshooting #4  
Hold it open and see if the machine starts. On my backhoe I've held it open with a piece of wire to use the machine until replaced.

Sorry to be slow to get this, but what do you mean by hold it open? To get it to start I need the pin to retract right? Could I press the pin in? How about cutting it off with bolt cutters?

/ CK25 Died, Won't Start - Help with diagnosis/troubleshooting #6  
I wouldn't cut it off . I'm not familiar with that type, only one you can retract while still on the machine so when you let go the spring will shut the fuel off. Other wise you would have to stall the tractor to shut it off.

/ CK25 Died, Won't Start - Help with diagnosis/troubleshooting #7  
B careful when ordering on the web.. they make solenoids with different length plungers.. just check it to make sure u got the correct one..

B careful when ordering on the web.. they make solenoids with different length plungers.. just check it to make sure u got the correct one..

Thanks. I sent you a PM about your pump rebuilding service. The solenoid I purchased on eBay was an exact match. It worked fine too. But that is not my problem. Bad, fuel injector pump. Sigh.