CK20 rear remote valve service

/ CK20 rear remote valve service #1  

Everhard

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti Ck2510
Has anyone disassembled their rear remote valve on a kioti? Mine is sticking when moved in either direction It has detent feature which still works but when I try to return the lever to center it takes a huge amount of force to get it to move - once it is moved fractionally it springs back to center.
My understanding is when a valve behaves like this it's because of a build up of dirt in the valve causing the spool to stick. So I'm hoping cleaning it out will fix it.

For those familiar with Kioti in general but not the CK20 specifically it's a single remote - no more than one one remote as an option on this tractor. (I installed the option myself years ago.)

Thanks,
E.

/ CK20 rear remote valve service #2  
Most detents are actually external of the valve,
should be an end cover that is removable with some springs that hold some small balls into the actual detent on the main stem.

/ CK20 rear remote valve service
I don't think the problem is with the detent but I could be wrong. It does hold the valve in either direction when the tractor is off, as well as when it's running - just when it's running it's almost impossible to get the lever to return back to center. Well I'll pull it apart and see what I find.
It's not critical as I've got 3 more remotes that I made up for the tractor. 😁

E.

/ CK20 rear remote valve service #4  
The detent ball & spring mechanism is in the handle end of the valve. The ball develops some surface rust and causes sticking. The spool has a more gradual slope for ball the ride up when engaging and a sharper angle to disengage, thus still fairly easy to get into detent but difficult to pull it back. Look for 2 plugs on on the valve cap, each has a spring and ball under it. Carefully remove plugs, spring and ball (ball is easily dropped and lost) then clean the ball apply slight amount of grease for lube and to help hold it in place while reinstalling.

/ CK20 rear remote valve service
Great info SSdoxie! Thank you. I'll hopefully dig into it soon and that info will help for sure.

Much appreciated,
E.