Price Check CK 30 Cab

/ CK 30 Cab #1  

kiotiken

Veteran Member
Tractor
2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab
I just got a price on a comfort cab for my CK 30. In reading a post in another thread, I found out that Kioti is offering a $1500 rebate on the cabs until Dec 31.
With the rebate taken into account, the price I was given was $6200, including installation and taxes (13% here in Ontario). I have to confirm, but talking to one of the guys from my dealer yesterday, I was told that price would include moving two of my lights from the ROPS to the back of the cab (front lights are standard) as well as adding a rear wiper.

My dealer (Bromley Farm servicing the Ottawa Valley), has been extremely good to me. I have had some small frustrations in getting timely replies on several occasions (including this time), but this seems limited to one individual and they generally are there when I need them and go above and beyond for me. I do believe that a good dealer is as important as a good price, so I wouldn't sweat a few bucks, I just want to make sure I'm in the right ball park with this price.

/ CK 30 Cab #2  
I was quoted 8200$ +tx installed by 2 different dealers, but that is without the rebate. Anyhow i decided to build my own, could not justify the price of a Laurin or kioti cab, since i will probably change tractor next year, everything will depend on how well winter will go this year:D Anyways congrats on the tractor and cab:thumbsup:, be sure to post some pics.

/ CK 30 Cab
I was quoted 8200$ +tx installed by 2 different dealers, but that is without the rebate. Anyhow i decided to build my own, could not justify the price of a Laurin or kioti cab, since i will probably change tractor next year, everything will depend on how well winter will go this year:D Anyways congrats on the tractor and cab:thumbsup:, be sure to post some pics.

Ouch, that's a lot of money! I can see why you decided to make your own. I've given that some thought, but it's not an option for me right now, I just have too much going on and couldn't dedicate the time to do it.

The dealer is supposed to be getting back to me with a price to take back my CK 30 with Woods BH and trade it to a DK 45/50 cab with Kioti BH. I was told that there was roughly $8000 difference in price between the CK 30 and DK 40 Cab when they were new, I'm just waiting to hear what the difference would be after a year. I don't think I would have considered the comfort cab before the rebate, for a few thousand more, I could have probably traded up, but now that Kioti is offering the rebate, I'm not sure it's worth trading. I would go to the DK 45/50 over the DK 40 for the extra hp when using the A/C.

/ CK 30 Cab
Does anybody know if the cab increases the overall height of the tractor? I can JUST get the tractor in my garage with the ROPS fully upright. Nothing in the Kioti cab brochure, just the height of the cab itself.

/ CK 30 Cab #5  
I did also consider trading the CK30 for a DK35SEC, adding a comfort cab was 8200$ and trade in was 11000-13000 depending on accessories. What made me stop was $$$, and if i either, traded the tractor or installed a cab, i could not have purchased my BH. We did end up selling the DK45SEC since we used it only in winter, bigger isn't always better, and the DK35 is between the CK 27-35 and DK40-50. Good luck with your choice.:D

/ CK 30 Cab
The decision became very easy when I got the prices to trade up to the DK 45 or 50. Approx $24K, all in, for the 45 another $1700 for the 50, both with FEL and Woods BH-80x.

I just got off the phone with the dealer, he's on his way to pick my tractor up. If all goes well, I'll have it back with a smokn' new cab by Wednesday! New thread with lots of pictures to come...

/ CK 30 Cab #7  
Kioti Ken. I was going to say, I think you will be very surprised how much trade difference there will be. It is VERY difficult for a dealer to trade back a
a "fairly new" tractor. Customers really have no idea how much it is. The tractor is just too new to trade. A person needs to keep at least 3 yrs. if not more before the trade amount can become reasonable. Only so much a dealer can do. He has to be able to make profit on the new as well as the used (trade). Most customers think you only need to make a little on the new and give retail for the trade. No can do!!

You made the right decision, nothing wrong w/ your tractor and the Komfort Kab is very nice. The only downside is no A/C but then the price would be more!

/ CK 30 Cab
Kioti Ken. I was going to say, I think you will be very surprised how much trade difference there will be. It is VERY difficult for a dealer to trade back a
a "fairly new" tractor. Customers really have no idea how much it is. The tractor is just too new to trade. A person needs to keep at least 3 yrs. if not more before the trade amount can become reasonable. Only so much a dealer can do. He has to be able to make profit on the new as well as the used (trade). Most customers think you only need to make a little on the new and give retail for the trade. No can do!!

You made the right decision, nothing wrong w/ your tractor and the Komfort Kab is very nice. The only downside is no A/C but then the price would be more!

You're absolutely right. I was mistaken about the price difference between the models when they were new, it was MUCH bigger than I somehow got in my head.

No A/C is a bit of a downer, but my tractor could not handle it IMO even if it was available. I've been told it's a 5hp hit. Add the hit I already take for the HST and there's just not enough left. Instead, I'm having the dealer install a 12 V power outlet and I already have 2 clip on 12 V fans. I'm hoping the front and back windows open with the fan(s) on will be enough, otherwise I'll have to take the doors off for the summer.

The other way I sooth myself about not having A/C is from my experience with car A/C, they always seem to go after 4 or 5 years. I sold my last car because the A/C quit and I couldn't justify spending the money to fix it (I also used it as an excuse to buy a new car!). Maybe others have experience with it, but I can't see a tractor A/C unit lasting 20yrs and I imagine they'd be in the same $3K plus range to fix/replace.

/ CK 30 Cab #9  
Ken did you get your tractor back with the cab installed yet? I'm really interested in hearing your review.....Craig

/ CK 30 Cab
Yup got it back a couple days ago, but in keeping with the "it didn't happen if there's no picture" mentality, I've been holding off posting. I will have a review but the cab is not quite as described by Kioti and I need to talk to the dealer a little more about that and I'm disappointed about a couple other things as well. There's no doubt it's a nice cab, but...