City kids do not leave keys in vehicles. . . It’s different out here...

/ City kids do not leave keys in vehicles. . . It’s different out here... #1  

KilroyJC

Elite Member
Tractor
1962 Case 430, 1995 Craftsman Yard Tractor/mower, 1949 South Bend 9A Lathe, WoodMizer Lx55 sawmill, Kubota KX033-4 Mini-Excavator
I have no idea when the last time was the key was out of the ignition, but it has been more than a few days. . .

Attachments

• 1781FB6D-4002-4958-9F7E-70DBDA4F8597.jpeg
    1781FB6D-4002-4958-9F7E-70DBDA4F8597.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 798
   / City kids do not leave keys in vehicles. . . It’s different out here... #3  
Keys... I have worn out the locks on my door several times as you don't leave anything unlocked/open unless you can see it.

Several of my plumber and electrician friends can only work having a trusted canine companion watching the truck...

/ City kids do not leave keys in vehicles. . . It’s different out here... #4  
Keys... I have worn out the locks on my door several times as you don't leave anything unlocked/open unless you can see it.

Several of my plumber and electrician friends can only work having a trusted canine companion watching the truck...
I'm certainly glad I don't have that issue.
I'm afraid that I would eliminate some riff raff then be in trouble.

/ City kids do not leave keys in vehicles. . . It’s different out here... #5  
I have no idea when the last time was the key was out of the ignition, but it has been more than a few days. . .
A lot of folks would not even know how to start it, much less put it in gear and drive it.

/ City kids do not leave keys in vehicles. . . It’s different out here... #6  
It doesn’t matter with a lot of equipment anyways, as they all take the same key. The key to my 2015 Kubota fits my father’s 2008.
At least two of those keys were originally bought for my 1983(?) LT275.

Apparently the new keyless ignitions are making it easier to steal your vehicle again anyhow.

/ City kids do not leave keys in vehicles. . . It’s different out here... #9  
Just put a push button for start, up under the dash.

/ City kids do not leave keys in vehicles. . . It’s different out here... #10  
We only lock our house at night while we're all sleeping. Only out of paranoia, no one's ever been on my property at night (to my knowledge).

Tractors and small stuff get the keys left in them. All road-going vehicles get left unlocked, but the keys do come inside. Easy to find and use if someone wanted to try.

I have friends who live in the city come over to hang out or play outside, and they step out of their cars and then lock them with a beep as they walk towards me or the house. I can't help but ask "what the heck is wrong with you" each time. They usually just shrug and leave them locked.