Christmas came early!

/ Christmas came early! #31  
Nice tractor! With a cab no dust, bugs, fly's to bother you and do;n't
forget to run your A/C for 10 or 15 minutes in the winter time to keep
the seals lubricated!

willy

/ Christmas came early! #33  
That's why I wax my tractor once a year and blow it off every time I use it.
Sounds like something I should consider next time I service my Kabota B2650. I already have a can of touchup paint for the bottom of the bucket and other high wear areas.
(And I WISH I had a cab every summer, and every time it rains!).

/ Christmas came early! #34  
False. The prices will collectively go up for people with bad credit. Some dealers will give a cash discount, but the ROI on investing the money and making payments is usually much better return. Lenders don't give a darn about individual deals. They make money on the aggregate of deals in a traunch.

Trade-ins are a level of negotiation for dealers. They have to be right more than they are wrong. Sometimes you get a deal when you take it all in. In short, absolutes are rarely correct.

Some auto lenders will give a better rate when you trade-in your vehicle. The data shows that people who trade are less likely to default. The idea being that most people need a functional car to work. The same is not true for many tractor purchases, though.
What part of Bill's contribution are you saying is false?
Prices went up because of market share more than anything else.
What a buyer is shown for trade in, has more to do with market value and for a clean piece, value is higher.
Also, the word "shown" is most certainly a variable of price paid dependent on the margin the dealer wishes to acquire.
If the dealer has a propensity for getting "list" for their tractors, then they can "show" the buyer more for their trade.
The important figure is "what's coming out of my pocket" whether it's 4, 2.5 or "0" %.
If one is bent on thinking a buyer is putting something on the dealer by hiding their trade till the very end, they are sadly mistaken.
The dealer always has room for "adjustments" because they know all the in's and out's of the buying public.
The divisions of money lent and paid in series (traunch) by a bank or financial institution or corporate entity, has less to do with the dealer than the money lenders.
The dealer is going by corporate incentives (if any) and his own buy/sell margins necessary to stay competitively in business.
There is seldom a "free lunch" for everyone concerned and as you have stated, there are no absolutes.

Last edited:
   / Christmas came early! #35  
Very nice machine there Mrs Shirley. I am quite sure your husband will like it.

/ Christmas came early!
Congrats on the new Tractor! Its interesting the difference in bucket geometry between the two. At first glance it looks like the Mahindra bucket would hold a lot more?
I think the actual volume is very similar however, because the NH tilts back further it will hold more, especially lifting off of a pile.

/ Christmas came early! #37  
What part of Bill's contribution are you saying is false?
Prices went up because of market share more than anything else.
What a buyer is shown for trade in, has more to do with market value and for a clean piece, value is higher.
Also, the word "shown" is most certainly a variable of price paid dependent on the margin the dealer wishes to acquire.
If the dealer has a propensity for getting "list" for their tractors, then they can "show" the buyer more for their trade.
The important figure is "what's coming out of my pocket" whether it's 4, 2.5 or "0" %.
If one is bent on thinking a buyer is putting something on the dealer by hiding their trade till the very end, they are sadly mistaken.
The dealer always has room for "adjustments" because they know all the in's and out's of the buying public.
The divisions of money lent and paid in series (traunch) by a bank or financial institution or corporate entity, has less to do with the dealer than the money lenders.
The dealer is going by corporate incentives (if any) and his own buy/sell margins necessary to stay competitively in business.
There is seldom a "free lunch" for everyone concerned and as you have stated, there are no absolutes.
I've always thought that dealers and lenders use a branch of math akin to Quantum Physics. That goes for vehicles and equipment both. It's deliberately complex for the purpose of confusing the buyer.
It's always best to go with cash.

/ Christmas came early! #39  
That you ALWAYS pay more if you finance. That is simply not true.
Nope. Not always true but the caveats to mitigate paying more for financing necessitate other financial actions.. If you’re financing say at 3.9% and you find an interest return of 5 or 6% or more, better to retain your money expenditure and put it toward investment.
What l also find is that if you approach a 0% financing situation thinking it’s the cats meow but you find a 2.9% financing somewhere else and if there is a reduction in pricing for the product as a result of not taking the 0% option, you can sometimes come out ahead. The key word here is “if”.
But w/o the caveats, surface to surface, financing is always commanding a cost because you’re buying something else along with the product…..time. And that you can use to your advantage.

Last edited:
   / Christmas came early! #40  
I've always thought that dealers and lenders use a branch of math akin to Quantum Physics. That goes for vehicles and equipment both. It's deliberately complex for the purpose of confusing the buyer.
It's always best to go with cash.
I have to disagree on several fronts. See above. There is only one thing a buyer needs to know no matter what the lenders come up with: “what’s coming out of my pocket”.