Rake Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #1  

rldailey

Tractor
Kubota 2800
I'm shopping to purchase a heavy duty landscape rake. I have a Kubota 2800 30 hp tractor with the standard 3 point hitch. What size landscape rake would be best for my 30 hp Kubota? I would perfer to purchase a 6 foot rake to be able to cover a wider area.

Thanks in advance,
Rob in Texas

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #2  
Rob,I have the 6 foot on my 235 bobcat and it works very well but wish I'd have gotten a 7 ft. Dave

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #3  
You should be able to handle a 6 or 7' landscape rake with no problems. I use a 5' with my riding mower and a 7' with my tractors. Buy what width suits your conditions as the draft load isn't much of an issue.

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #4  
I have an 8' which covers my tracks when fully angled. It can get a little hairy in tight places though.

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #5  
Certainly go at least 6'.

I find when you get over 6' with a rake or blade, the attachment feels a bit "bulky".

My tractor is 54" wide and I find the 6' rake fits nicely.:thumbsup:

If you will be using the rake in a wide open area, go 7'.

How wide is your tractor.??

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #6  
I borrowed my neighbor's 6 footer and on my B3030 the medium angle setup will completely cover the tracks but the full angle comes a little short.

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #7  
If you have many obstacles, get the 6', and if you prepare more open areas, a 7' might be the way to go.

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #8  
We have a Kubota L4310 with out-out wheels ~ 5'-6". A no-name 7' rake works fine.

I bent it a few time while backing in tight corners and not paying attention. The local welding shop heats and re-forms.

Just make sure the rake has wheels.

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #9  
I have a 6' woods on a B 2710 and works good, though have bent fence posts for goat yard going in and out with it. Teeth or easily replaced as I have broken 3, welded all three back on two came off right away, bought replacements which are fairly inexpensive.

/ Choosing The Size of a Landscape Rake #10  
I got an old Ford Industrial landscape rake. It's 7' wide...and when fully angled....will easily cover the tracks of tractor tires (which is 60" wide). :thumbsup: