Checking in at 33hrs on 7610

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610 #1  

fishdoc

Bronze Member
I'm happier 'n a pig in.....

I cut the grass this morning..... I made it a point to cut it early when it was good and wet just to see how it went. It was amazing. The old Craftsman would have been choking and chugging.

I've cut 3 times now and I find the R4 tires do not harm the ground. I have filled tires and cut without a rear implement on. I put the mower deck on before cutting (duh) and take it off when I'm finished. The other work I'm doing is better done without the deck.

The tiller tills tons in short time and the blades scrape and the front end loader does much more than it was ever intended to do. It starts, it runs.

However, I can't find the instructions in the manuel for the self cleaning cycle.

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610 #2  
Excellent, glad to hear that your 7610 is a good fit to your tasks. Enjoy! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610 #3  
Fishdoc: Have you tried painting the underside of your mower deck with Slip-Plate? I used to do that with my Troy-Bilt walk behind and it definitely cut down on accumulation of cuttings under the deck. I'm planning to do the same w/my MMM.

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610 #4  
I only have 7 hours on my B7610 and I love it. I have only cut the grass once. Will be cutting the grass again this weekend.

You said that you remove the MMM after you cut. The question that I have for you is do you slide it out the side or do you back over it. I had the service man say that you could put you tractor in 4WD and back right over it. Just wondering.

Donald B.

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610
I haven't been able to bring myself to backing over it. I've read about this procedure. I use the FEL to lift the front end up some making sliding in and out a little easier.

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610 #6  
i guess ill chime in with you two. i have about 20 hours on mine and steadily rising. it seems that each time i use it, i am more happy with it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610 #7  
13 hours on my B7610. I am getting stuff done that I would have never tackled without the tractor. As others have said, the more I use it the better I get at harnessing the power of this machine. I don't use my tractor for mowing so I can't help with the mower questions.

The only issue I have had so far is a couple of small hyraulic leaks on the front end loader at the connectors where the lines go from one side of the loader to the other. I have snugged down these connectors with a proper sized line wrench and will check for any further leakage at the next use.

I hope you all are getting as much enjoyment out of your B7610 as I am. You can spot me in a crowd easily. I am the guy with the big S@*T eating grin on my face.

bananadance.gif

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610 #8  
"You said that you remove the MMM after you cut. The question that I have for you is do you slide it out the side or do you back over it. I had the service man say that you could put you tractor in 4WD and back right over it. Just wondering."

STOP--LOOK--LISTEN /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Do Not Back or Drive over your 60 inch MMM. This may be doable with the 72 inch unit but I am pretty darn certain it will damage the 60.

To remove and mount the loader easier you need the FEL mounted. Place a 2X4 under the bucket for a few inches more clearence because what you want to do is raise the front wheels clear of the ground so you can more easily pull the MMM out the RH side. It will be kinda tight and require some squirming it back and forth--once you done it a few times it is easy enough.

Do Not Run Over your deck--I am certain it will eventually bend it--the rear is only supported in the center by the double wheels meaning that your tractor will mash the outboard edges down eventually causing a crack or for it to bend. J

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610 #9  
To reiterate TresCrows advice: DO NOT DRIVE OVER the RCK series decks. I bought my B2400 used and the clown who owned it before obviously tried this more than once. I have at least an hour in mig welding up the cracks that were induced by the flexing of the deck when being driven over. The series of decks which were meant to be driven over do not have the "K"(ie, RC72-27B) in the series number and can be identified by the guage wheels at the four corners supported by 1"x2" square tubing. I remove mine by using the FEL with the bucket curled forward and cutting edge straight down and then lift with the main arms. Turn the wheels all the way to the right and this gives me plenty of room to swing it out and still clear the Bi-Speed unit.

/ Checking in at 33hrs on 7610
Guess this is as good a place as any...... when all else fails, read the instructions...... and nowhere in the instructions does it talk about riding over it. Plus, it isn't that hard at all to slide it in and out.