Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!)

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!)
The tankless WH is actually ok up to 150 not sure why. I have looked at PRV’s. I will see how it registers on the gauge.

Cut and Paste
The pressure level can vary, but 60 PSI (pounds per square inch) is recommended for most residential homes. Water pressure should not be higher than 80 PSI. Anything higher can cause major appliances, including water heaters and toilets, to stop working properly because of the stress on plumbing and other parts.

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!) #113  
The valve in the toilet is the one to worry about. If you have more then 60 pounds, the valve might allow water to pass through it. This could be very slight, or it could be fairly steady. It's not enough to hear it running, or know it's happening. You usually find out when you get your water bill and it's something crazy like 30,000 gallons for the month, even when nobody is living there. The house this happened to me was at the bottom of a hill and the pressure was just over 100 pounds. I had no idea until I got the water bill!!!!

Your question has made me crazy!!! Another Cut and Paste. I will have to check out my gauge I have on the water line. It has a needle that should mark the high surge.

According to the Uniform Plumbing Code (UPC) any water pressure above 80 PSI is considered excessive. Water pressure is the pressure inside your domestic water system, potable water. The pressure is determined from the source, a well or city supply. Most plumbing fixtures such as toilets or faucets are rated to 80 psi.

Discoloration on the metal should wash off. It was kept on the ground which is a no no, but it was leftover roofing scraps.

Last edited: