Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!)

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!)
Wife was in a critical accident. Level 1 Trauma Intensive care. Bottom line she is home and doing exceptional. We moved offices and warehouse at work. I went to NY and picked up another muscle car project. I am burning the candle at four ends. I already have 2 car projects going. I am getting back on the trailer. Working by myself 90% when I am there. All things considered I am great. I would ask for prayers for my GD who has been in Philly at a Children’s Hospital for 70 days. She is a trooper and her parents are unbelievable in their support. Are you glad you asked? 😀

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!) #102  
Yes, you have a lot on the plate now, hope everybody improves and gets better.

I was able to turn the supply on at the water meter and bleed out the line at the trailer. I wanted to see if it would hold the pressure. Hopefully I can start testing the lines in the trailer.

Day 41

All the lines held perfect. The tankless water heater installation went smoothly. Now I can seal up all the access points for the water lines. We also got a good handle on the second bathroom design.

Last edited:
   / Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!) #106  
Looking good!
My septic tank had a very similar concrete lid, buried about 12”-18”, a bit of a pain to dig up for pump out. My sister in law works for a company that makes septic tanks, distribution boxes etc. They also sell an upgraded riser, and lid, maybe something you would be interested in. I won’t have to dig the lid up in the future or pay the extra fee some clean out companies are starting to charge to locate buried covers.
The older I get, the more I’m willing to make things easier for me down the road.

Mike
F567B3D3-D32A-4CAF-B8DD-7DD89B0C094F.jpeg

That is a great idea. The septic guy called me this AM. He suggests that before I do a pump out I get some liquids in the tank. It has been over 10 years since it has been used and the owner never had a washing machine even hooked up and he was a single guy. I am at a point that I can install a temporary toilet during the renovations to start loading the tank.

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!) #108  
That is a great idea. The septic guy called me this AM. He suggests that before I do a pump out I get some liquids in the tank. It has been over 10 years since it has been used and the owner never had a washing machine even hooked up and he was a single guy. I am at a point that I can install a temporary toilet during the renovations to start loading the tank.
Sounds like your septic tank guy knows what he’s doing.
I would also have a garden hose connected and ready for him to use. The guy I use will add some water to the tank once it’s close to empty to help free up some of the more settled solids at the bottom of the tank.

Mike

Incoming water pressure is 80 PSI. I have a gauge on it to see if it varies on the max. The system held with no leak down over several days.
Nice now having a bathroom with a toilet.

/ Cheap lake home? May or May not happen. (It is a go!) #110  
80 seems kind of high. Isn't 60psi where you want to be?