Changing out of low gear in CK30 HST.

/ Changing out of low gear in CK30 HST. #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
I have had my baby for about 5 years now, maybe 6. Bought him new. Always had trouble getting from Low range to Mid or high. Hung on like a pig onto a bum. Tried all sorts of things including forward / reverse, moving changes etc etc. Complained to the dealer I was having trouble. He said he didn't have any problem when he looked at it. Told him what I tried to make it let go. He just shrugged. Well, I put up with it all these years and last week I accidentally found how to do it easily. Why couldn't the dealer have told me? He told me everything but how to change the gears... easily.
So what do I do now that's any different?
When I am in Low gear, I put my foot firmly on the clutch, THEN I rock my forward/reverse hydrostatic foot pedal and all the pressure releases from the system. The gear lever shifts dead easy then. Why couldn't THEY tell me this? All those times I **** near bent my gear lever and sheared off pins in the link trying to change gears.....

I hope this helps someone else....

/ Changing out of low gear in CK30 HST. #2  
I have a CT225, which is a similar tractor, if I understand correctly. Some things I have tried when I have this problem include: clutch in, wiggle the foot pedal, like you said; turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and then right and then left again, while applying steady pressure to the gear shift level until it releases; lift up the front of the machine with the loader and tap the HST pedal just a smidge. When the machine is cold, it sometimes just won't shift, so I always leave it in mid range when I park it.

Like my dad always said, "If it's stuck, something's holding it!" In other words, when the lever won't move, don't just pull on it harder, because you're going to break something. Figure out what's holding it and release that.

/ Changing out of low gear in CK30 HST.
I have heard of lifting the front to get it out of 4x4 but not for normal gear selection, nor have I heard of the wheel wiggling bit. lol

/ Changing out of low gear in CK30 HST. #4  
Alien said:
I have heard of lifting the front to get it out of 4x4 but not for normal gear selection, nor have I heard of the wheel wiggling bit. lol

You're right, but when the gear lever is stuck, I try a little bit of everything.

/ Changing out of low gear in CK30 HST. #5  
Speaking of lifting the front, a while ago when I was having trouble shifting I found just lifting and lowering the loader helped me shift. No real problems for several years now from a new 2005.

Mike