Changing Grammer seat to tip-up option

/ Changing Grammer seat to tip-up option #1  

koolken

Tractor
John Deere
Hoping i can get some help. I neeeed a new seat and planning on buying this seat but it says i loose the ability to operate pto when off the seat. Has someone rewired or changed something so i can get off the seat cause running pto while off the seat is a must have option for me.It says...

Please Note: This seat and suspension kit mounts down solid to the tractor and is not designed to tip forward. Customer will lose the ability to tip seat forward and also the ability to run PTO while the seat is tipped forward and off the tractor, unless other measures are taken, which are the buyer's responsibility if they wish to keep this feature.

/ Changing Grammer seat to tip-up option #2  
I have an L47 which is a little bit different but I'd bet the sensor is the same. There's a pressure switch mounted to the bottom of the seat. I just wrapped a zip tie around the plunger of the sensor and now PTO always works.

/ Changing Grammer seat to tip-up option #3  
I have an L47 which is a little bit different but I'd bet the sensor is the same. There's a pressure switch mounted to the bottom of the seat. I just wrapped a zip tie around the plunger of the sensor and now PTO always works.
I did that on my old L3200 fine. Easy to reverse. Trivial on the flip up spring seat. I've never been bothered to mess with it on the L4060 with air ride. If i do end up needing the PTO generator, it will be a few rocks in the seat I expect. Havent needed it in 5 years though.

Sensors are usually 3 wires. More work than just cutting or shorting a wire. 1 normally open, 1 normally closed & 1 power wire. Not hard to install a bypass or bypass switch if you are motivated.

/ Changing Grammer seat to tip-up option
I am motivated to do whatever it takes. I need a seat as my suspension is broke and the seat is torn so a upgrade is a must. Also wondering if I bypass that switch will that also bypass the footpedal or is that a different switch?

/ Changing Grammer seat to tip-up option #5  
I am motivated to do whatever it takes. I need a seat as my suspension is broke and the seat is torn so a upgrade is a must. Also wondering if I bypass that switch will that also bypass the footpedal or is that a different switch?
The sensor is 3 wire so it can register somebody seated as well as seat flipped up. Seated includes HST pedal in the safety loop. Seat up doesn't.

The sensor is 3 wire so it can register somebody seated as well as seat flipped up. Seated includes HST pedal in the safety loop. Seat up doesn't.
Soo your saying if i bypass the seat safety switch permanently it will not effect the HST pedal?

/ Changing Grammer seat to tip-up option #7  
Soo your saying if i bypass the seat safety switch permanently it will not effect the HST pedal?
If you just zip tie the seat sensor, the HST sensor still works. You can electrically bypass the seat sensor, but it's a bit more complex. Generally you need to make sure 1 wire is jumped to the hot wire & make sure the other is disconnected.

If you just zip tie the seat sensor, the HST sensor still works. You can electrically bypass the seat sensor, but it's a bit more complex. Generally you need to make sure 1 wire is jumped to the hot wire & make sure the other is disconnected.
Ok that's what i needed to know. Thanx for the information...i appreciate it!

/ Changing Grammer seat to tip-up option #9  
Ok that's what i needed to know. Thanx for the information...i appreciate it!
Lots of probably in my statements. Verify with a multimeter before you try to rewire anything.