Changing brands of oil

/ Changing brands of oil #1  

roy49

I just bought a 92 Ford 4630 with 1600 hrs. The guy that I bought it from always took it back to the dealer for service. I have always serviced my own equipment and I am going to do the same with this tractor cause the dealer is miles away and I like to know exactly what has and has not been serviced. Does anyone know where New Holland oil comes from? I don't like the idea of changing the type of oil in a machine but I have always used Rotella 15/40 in my tractors. What do you think about changing from N.H. oil to Rotella?
Thanks
Roy

/ Changing brands of oil #2  
The only problem I could think of would be if the two oils had uncompatable additives. I think a good flushing with some old non detergent oil would clear up that problem.

/ Changing brands of oil #3  
No problem, just do it and forget the flushing. Additives such as viscosity indexers, detergents, etc. vary so little from manufactuer to manufactuer its insignificant. When you buy a new car, chances are somewhere down the road a customer will go to a quicklube place and in all likelyhood have various oils put in that are not part of the dealers stock. The warranty is never void providing the equivalent oil is put in which is simple and easy to comply with. Use Rotella, Valvoline or Delo 15W40 etc. for any diesel made. For extra cold and heat protection a pure synthetic is best. Amsoil 15W40, Redline 15W40 etc. are SUPERB oils offering the ultimate in every imaginable protection for your tractor. Putting in one of these requires no flushing as they are 100% compatible with petroleum oils. RAT...

/ Changing brands of oil
Thanks for your replys. I really didn't think there would be a problem but I don't like to take any chances on something this important.
Thanks
Roy