Challenger MT-445B

/ Challenger MT-445B #1  

Rollcenter

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Bobcat CT335ss
I work for a county government.

We have 2 Challenger MT-445b tractors, both have been diagnosed with Bad Transmissions.

Local CAT dealer, who we purchased them from, says no parts are available and they can稚 fix them.

Any thoughts, Located in East Kentucky?

/ Challenger MT-445B #2  
TractorData.com notes that the Cat Challenger is "similar to the Massey Ferguson 5445". The two machines are apparently made in the same location (France), and likely share some major design components. Just a guess... Perhaps a Massey dealer would know.

/ Challenger MT-445B #3  
I'd try a different dealer. Challenger Tractors are part of AGCO. Go to their website (Challenger) and do a dealer search for your zip and call around.

I can't believe a tractor that current no longer has parts available.

/ Challenger MT-445B #4  
Many Cat dealers opted out from the Agco sales agreement for this reason. They have a very poor warranty and parts program.. Good luck..

/ Challenger MT-445B
Update:

Talked to a Massey dealer, he was very aware of the Challenger Machines and Massey similarity’s, that said he was quick to say there was nothing he could do.

Once Again, talked to my states Cat dealer, Whayne Supply Company. I asked them about trade in value towards a new Excavator, have yet to hear back from them.

Very, very disappointed with the service after the sale of these machines.